• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Fonger

Fonger

Phantom Parot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,031 posts

Yea I tried that already, didn't work, but it made perfect sense to me, too. I don't understand why that wouldn't work.

when you re-installed NMM was the mods directory outside of the UAC cursed zone?

MageMaster69

MageMaster69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
This happened to me due to the Skyrim folder being moved to another drive, and all the NMM info being put into the old path, even thought nexus had the correct path to where Skyrim really was.

Very frustrating..

Edit: I deleted the old folder that I thought was left over trash for some reason.. but due to me not changing all the paths in NMM to the new location is what bit me...

Edited by MageMaster69, 17 April 2012 - 02:33 AM.

YonseiOps

YonseiOps

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Rather than start a new thread, I'm just gunna resurrect this one...

I'm having problems with "ghost" mods that are still apparently installed onto my Skyrim game that I cannot find and delete. My mods list disappeared when I tried to reinstall NMM, but all the mods are still working. I believe I've searched all my Steam, Skyrim and NMM files and deleted the folders containing the old mods, but frustratingly, they still load every time I run Skyrim.

How do I fix this? Do I have to go to the extreme and reformat my computer? I have the physical copy of Skyrim; would reinstalling using the disk work?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the files in the data file under Steamapps. They were hiding under names I didn't recognize...

Edited by YonseiOps, 26 June 2012 - 06:53 PM.

deadondelivery

deadondelivery

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I had the mod list disappear for me to but i was able to retrieve it by doing a system restore and going back to a previous day.

shinigamiichioto

shinigamiichioto

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
I HAVE FOUND A FIX....
Well it fixed if for me, today I did a reinstall to fix that WETriggerScript error so when i did i lost my mod list but like most of you the mods where still active.
The way i fixed this was by changing the mod directory. I changed to the steam mod folder (\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\mods) and they all showed up again but they were all not installed (seeing as they were already installed all you have to do is over right them.)

I HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU ALL!
Please doesn’t blame me if it makes it worse...I don't think I could handle that over my head. >_>"""

gamejunky11

gamejunky11

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

does anyone know how to fix it??

secondmoto381

secondmoto381

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hmmm... well I don't know much about this stuff, but that doesn't sound good. Would there be a way around that just so I could get them out of my game?

well

you could read the steam forms on moving either your entire steam install or the game folder out of the cursed directory

then re-install NMM using the new location

This would work if you didn't have a stupid amount of mods...

secondmoto381

secondmoto381

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

FIX

Have you tried to move the directory that the NMM looks for to another place where the mods might be?

Like I fixed mine by moving the directory that the NMM stores the mods from  Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Games > Nexus Mod Manager > mods  to the location Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Games > Skyrim > mods

DracusDakkrius

DracusDakkrius

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

I don't know where else my mods are stored other than the nmm folder, so moving it won't help. I tried to look for a skyrim mod folder in my skyrim folder and when I set it to what looked like one, then it just started deleting the mods from the game itself. I killed the process before it could finish, but now the list AND half my installed mods are gone! I don't think I can do system restore  since I just got to modding skyrim recently, although I was modding a lot, so the last restore point would be a month ago, before I even had the game for pc. I tried to follow the fix without being entirely sure of what people were talking about by moving the directory. Forgive me, but I fudged up. 

Edited by DracusDakkrius, 09 March 2014 - 10:49 PM.

Istaredzi

Istaredzi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Is there any way of scanning the mods back in from steam to NNM?

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.976 seconds