How to map any keyboard key into Xbox 360 controllers buttons for Skyrim

Deleted36324675User

Hello,

Sitting in the chair and playing skyrim with keyboard and mouse all the time can be painful, so Ive been using some spare xbox360 controllers to play from far away and easily. I can do all the vanilla actions of the game with the controllers, however, I cant use the mods that require hotkeys to activate (eg Pagedown,V,X,Num6,Num3) etc. Ive noticed that the left throttle of the controller is empty, I would like to get those keys (pgdown,V etc) mapped into there. But i dont know how to, Ive tried looking for something that would do it for me but all i found on the Nexus was mods that would remap favourites,spells etc vanilla actions into the controller, Ive seen some mods that come with txt files for remap but i simply dont know how to edit those txt files into mapping as i said, pgdown, numpad (buttonwhich are used by my mods) into the controller

so, ill really appreciate if someone can help me into this remapping buisness, thanks :smile:

(sorry for bad English)

favorites should be up on the d-pad. really, the only buttons that aren't mapped are left and right. the left throttle is used to block. there isn't really a good way i can come up with to add much functionality, even using third-party programs and button combinations.

I'm not sure this is exactly what you want, but you might try Gamepad Plus Plus. It lets you define keyboard hotkeys to match controller button combos, mostly centering on the d-pad or LB+d-pab or RB+d-pad. It may be a bit much for what you want, though. I haven't tried it myself, but I'm going to give it a spin in my next new game.

If you want to just edit the controlmap.txt without an in-game interface like that mod provides, you might look at the controlmap.txt file in the "Custom Keybinds for use without GPP" download of Custom Keybinds for Gamepad Plus Plus. Out of all the mods I've seen that edit that file, this one is the best at explaining things in the file itself. It has a list of what keys match what codes, where things are defined, and how to change a definition.