Can't get constant effect to work on custom race?

Leanna126

EDIT: Solution found!

If you are creating a new ability for a custom race with a constant effect, all you have to do is create the spell, then go edit something else and save the changes. It should stay in the spell window now!

Edited by Leanna126

If it helps, I have NOT touched any Scripts (I don't even know how I would go about that or if I need to) or created a Magic Affect for this. I have only created the Spell, which I based off of the Wood Elf natural disease and poison resistance.

I am also using alternate start to jump start my check ins of my race. I am not using it as a part of my creation kit, however.

Race, in general, is not my strong point, but think they each have a power and a resistance, for instance Bretons' magic resistance and their 1x/day absorb magicka power.

What I'd do is open your spell side-by-side with the wood elf spell, double check that it reaches for the same magic effect the wood elf one does. Close it and open the nord, the dark elf, etc. Also, make sure all your settings match theirs, like constant effect, fire/forget, any durations (usually 0 for those) etc.

Race, in general, is not my strong point, but think they each have a power and a resistance, for instance Bretons' magic resistance and their 1x/day absorb magicka power.

What I'd do is open your spell side-by-side with the wood elf spell, double check that it reaches for the same magic effect the wood elf one does. Close it and open the nord, the dark elf, etc. Also, make sure all your settings match theirs, like constant effect, fire/forget, any durations (usually 0 for those) etc.

Thank you so much for your reply! I tried that with everyone who has a natural ability and no dice. I'm so glad you tried to help, though!