Mod Idea: Preview armor on the player from the inventory screen

mechangel69

Something that annoys me about skyrim is that when you're using your inventory you can't see how your armor looks on your character. Not to mention having to constantly open and close your inventory to view how one piece of armor looks with another.

I'm sure plenty of players would love something like this, so it's already a worthwhile endeavor.

But I haven't been able to find anything that fixes it yet and since I have next to no experience making mods I figured I'd just leave a thread here on the topic. The title is self explanatory, and I don't really care much for how it looks as long as it's functional.

But I can bounce ideas if anyone is interested in making something like this. I'd assume changing the camera placement in the inventory screen would be the easiest case but the item preview would be in the way.

Maybe disabling the item preview would work, and players can just press their designated hotkey for a closer look at whatever they're hovering over.

Keeping the stats view where it is would also be beneficial, no one wants to look through their enchanted items and not see the enchants. Damage, armor rating, etc. are shown in skyui already so this idea alongside skyui would work better than the vanilla inventory.

Maybe a menu in mcm for customization would be useful too.

While I doubt anyone will ever see this, let alone make it a reality, it still feels good to type it down here.

Have a wonderful day, and thanks for reading!

Edited by mechangel69