New design constructive feedback

Dark0ne

I'm making this thread as a central place in which people can provide constructive feedback based on their opinions of the new design and what they personally think can improve it. We've already got a lot of people all making their own individual threads about the new design in this forum (and others), so from now on, lets keep it to this thread.

Thank you!

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the dropdown menus be changed from "On hover" to "On active click" to keep them open until we click somewhere else on the page?

On the "edit mod details" page, each section is marked with that white button. The unselected tabs should use an empty white circle instead of a white filled circle - http://prntscr.com/hfymc8 . I don't think tabs missing content require a specific visual marker.

An option in the "Download History" to either 1. Endorse all or 2. Endorse all on current page

Requirements/Permissions/Credits etc. could be condensed on the same line as "You haven't downloaded this mod yet"

Auto-enable the Endorse and Vote button after the required period of time passed and we can vote without needing to refresh page.

Game specific background image please. Some misty mountains is cool, but not exactly special.

Edited by Ethreon

I like the new design, but I feel that there's too many boxes. The top part is fine for me but the lower part doesn't really benefit from the boxes for me. I made a quick photoshop job of how I feel it could be improved(at least for me :smile: ).

Current

3z4Q1TB.png

Photoshopped

3JpbcP3.jpg

Edit: Okay, my idea requires more thought. Realized there's pictures on there too :confused:

Edited by Niborino9409

eye-ache inducing as too many too much info is tried to be given simultaneously

the old site wasn't broken - why change - please can we have that back

Mate, this is for giving feedback on the future iteration, not crying about the old one. The old site was broken and had its fair share of issues, hence why it's being redone.

Don't know how to describe it, but the new style is an abomination.

The windows/tiles style you're going with isn't working.

The new tile/square like button's are 2 big, and both icons and text inside them isn't working. Also change their colors to something less invasive then light blue with white text.

It does not read well, and is to bright compared to the rest of your website.

Also the difference between different area's in the context isn't working. It's not clear where the previous content ends and the new content begins.

In the files tab the whole overview is gone. Only big button's, icons, and stuff i don't need anywhere. I just want a clear list of the files i can download and their version, date, and file size.

Also, please put the tags into a different tab as well, the big button's below the images aren't working.

To summarize: Fix the spacing and borders between your components. Get rid of the big square buttons, tiles and icons everywhere, and make the colors of the different components less intrusive.

Try to display the info you need on a page, and hide all other things in tabs, dropdowns, or remove them all together.

Files: create a clear table with the content details and 2 buttons: Download, and Details. Display all unnecesarry info on a different page for those interested.

Will the ability to page back through recently edited/added mods be implemented again? Currently the new layout's New This Week only shows that ... new this week. It was nice to be able to work back through the pages to access a non-tracked mod's page without needing to wrestle with Search.

Edited by Striker879