New design constructive feedback

Dark0ne

I think it's best to revert back to the old style.

Agreed. Don't fix things that aren't broken. And the old design was not broken.

The new layout, now that is utterly broken. Inefficient, fugly and an ergonomic nightmare. The designer should probably go back to school.

Why do people confuse Windows 10 / Twitter with good design? That was never good and never will be.

Also, imho absolutely NO concessions should be made to the misguided few who want to view the internet on the display of their telephone. None.

Edited by Hallodria

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, imho absolutely NO concessions should be made to the misguided few who want to view the internet on the display of their telephone. None.

There's no problems viewing it on the phone. In fact, it works even better than on the computer for me. I do have some concerns with the forum version but that's for another time.

Or I do have one problem with the new site on the phone. I can't press my account, because there's only one button up there, and that is sign out. =(

Unless I am grasping at thin air. I like to view my account from the public's view so I don't accidentally erase something I didn't mean to when on the phone. Manage my files/images increases that risk.

Edit: noticed there's also Manage images/mods/videos at the bottom.

Edited by Niborino9409

Your entire opinion has been ignored with that one silly sentence. If anyone else feels this way, please don't bother posting here. It's not constructive.

I like how snappy the pages/tabs etc seem to load now. It was an ordeal before, compared to this. Only thing that bothers me is that now, on the main page, in the top or when you browse mods, you don't see when they were updated but only when they were released. Which is not that helpful.

when I click on a mod (or browsing mods) it takes forever to load now, and when does load it's like its zoomed in on the main picture, so cant see anything (the title of what mod is the only thing I see,

really liked the looks of the old layout and how it ran, this new layout almost makes me want to leave the nexus all together! which is a shame cause I have almost 200+ mods half of witch are still on nexus (with the manager I dont actually download them onto my computer just to save space)

I cannot help thinking that the absence of a clean simple feel is a retrograde step.

To my eye the new web page looks like the Metro interface that was adopted (and hugely unpopular) by Microsoft in Windows 8 and 8.1. I find the page a little clunky and hard to navigate personally, and prefer a simpler tree style of web page. And don't get me wrong, most of my mods came from Nexus, some from LoversLab and one (and only one) from Bethesda.net. I'm a huge fan of the Nexus site, but I'm a bigger fan of simplicity and cousin, this ain't it.

I understand the desire for a more modern page than what you had. I think what the page needs is the ability for an end user to be able to switch to a compact version without each mod taking up a huge chunk of your 12 allotted slots on the page... even maybe a list so you can browse through all the titles without having to reload your page 16 mods at a time. One of the nicer features that I used all the time on the old page was the tree for categories, and it's gone. I miss it.

Please please please please please!

Have those black bars FULLY minimized when viewing an image.

Opening an image pulls out the black bars which are constricting the image, making it impossible to see it in all its glory because 1 centimeter is cut off from both ends. I'm talking about the top bar with the extra buttons like ZOOM/DOWNLOAD and FULLSCREEN along with the bottom bar which contains the title. Why do we need these bars ? On PC all these functions already exist. Right click to download image, ctrl + scroll to zoom. On mobile, two fingers to zoom, hold the finger to download. There's no point in this obstruction of an image that is being forced upon the image. It may not sound like a big deal to you, but it is a big deal to people who appreciate images.

Also it's quite ironic that there's a FULLSCREEN button available which once again does not remove those black bars at all. It's contradictory to the whole point of clicking on an image. So please... minimize the bars or add an option for users so we can choose to have it minimized by default.

And please bring back the option to choose a mod's header image from already uploaded images.