New design constructive feedback

Dark0ne

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The search function on the new site is great! I use it more than I used the old one. The only difference is, you have to search first to get the results screen to apply filters in the advanced settings. I recall it being backwards from the old style...

Hopefully the search function on the new site will be useful some time. This is what I will miss most when the old site is closed.

Could you provide a detailed clarification on the problem(s) you are having?

If you have already done so in one of the open topics, then please link your post.

I cannot find any option for search in mod description, as the old site have. If I will search for a player house on Solstheim, I only get houses with Solstheim in mod name. If mod is called something else, e.g. Skaal-something, but Solsteim is mentioned in the description, it wont show up. The old system also made it possible to search with multiple choices. If this function is in place on the new site, I apologize, but then maybe you can point me in the right direction.

I think you're talking about the filters. The filters option appears after you search the initial topic for some reason--one of the things I'm hoping is addressed when Kit finally turns her attention to the site.

http://oi67.tinypic.com/2uj165w.jpg

You hit the button circled in red after you search, and then you get the filters to be able to search the description of mods.

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks. This button was blue in my browser (Firefox) so I missed it among all other blue buttons.

Is there a more colorful skin somewhere? All I have is grey text on a slightly darker grey background, and blue buttons with almost same intensity as the grey. The readability is not that good. (Could also be that my eyesight isn't as good as it was.)

Thanks. This button was blue in my browser (Firefox) so I missed it among all other blue buttons.

Is there a more colorful skin somewhere? All I have is grey text on a slightly darker grey background, and blue buttons with almost same intensity as the grey. The readability is not that good. (Could also be that my eyesight isn't as good as it was.)

The color of this button depends on the game site you're on. It's orange for Oblivion, blue for Skyrim, purple for SE, brown for Morrowind, different shades of red for Dragon Age, etc. And you don't need to click the button. The entire line is clickable. That said there's nothing saying it can't be made more visible still.

And for what it's worth, you do not need to run an empty search first in order to get to "Refine results". It is also available right from the start on almost every page from under "Mods". So click on "browse all mods", then immediately refine the results, or click on "Mod Categories" first, select one, and then refine these results, whatever is the shortest way to your goal for you.