New design constructive feedback

Dark0ne

I request a return to having sort by endorsements (rather than date published) as the default when searching for mods or browsing by category. I think most mod users prefer to use mods that are highly recommended to mods that are new, so for most people this means searching now involves and extra action. It's not a huge deal, but it also strikes me as a step back from the old endorsements first default.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I request a return to having sort by endorsements (rather than date published) as the default when searching for mods or browsing by category. I think most mod users prefer to use mods that are highly recommended to mods that are new, so for most people this means searching now involves and extra action. It's not a huge deal, but it also strikes me as a step back from the old endorsements first default.

Change My Settings (next to your avatar in the top right corner) -> Search Preferences

Can you not add the old nexusmods style as a optional theme so that people can choose for those who preferred the old design

Edit: Even if you put a statement saying that you will not support the old 'theme' and that is is only there to keep people happy

Edited by supaginge

Dropping in my $.02: With the old design, I kept an entry in my browser's bookmark bar to mark where I am in going through the mods. This doesn't work any more - any bookmark I drag to the bookmark bar just points to page 1, sorted by date. Will look around for any tips and keep my eyes open, but I've given up going through mods for now, since I'm not seeing an obvious way to mark my place, and my play times are so far apart it's not worth trying to keep track any other way. (It's usually an all-day thing when I'm sick and not able to concentrate on work.)

Other than that, the new design looks good.

Dropping in my $.02: With the old design, I kept an entry in my browser's bookmark bar to mark where I am in going through the mods. This doesn't work any more - any bookmark I drag to the bookmark bar just points to page 1, sorted by date. Will look around for any tips and keep my eyes open, but I've given up going through mods for now, since I'm not seeing an obvious way to mark my place, and my play times are so far apart it's not worth trying to keep track any other way. (It's usually an all-day thing when I'm sick and not able to concentrate on work.)

Other than that, the new design looks good.

I came out of the woodwork to post exactly this. The new design really lacks a way to go to "favorite" mod views quickly, which you could previously do with a bookmarked URL. I understand y'all probably want the dirty unwashed non-premium masses to click through more pages for those precious ad impression dollars, but having to change filters Every.Single.Time. to search for specific types of mods is annoying.

Can you not add the old nexusmods style as a optional theme so that people can choose for those who preferred the old design

Edit: Even if you put a statement saying that you will not support the old 'theme' and that is is only there to keep people happy

That would imply that the site owner actually cares about us, as things stand he knows he has a basic monopoly, and does not have to concern himself with keeping his users happy.

Frankly every page could have a gif of Pennywise rubbing satans nipples on it and we would have to live with it.

Made a previous post about this earlier in this thread. It happened again today and I'm providing a bit more information in case it might be browser/OS specific.

Current browser: FireFox

Open up Skyrim Nexus site page for first time today, the Update tab has no number on it. The assumption is that there is nothing there. However, I put my mouse on the tab anyway. There is a single notice from ~4 hrs ago about Vortex (at time of this posting).

For some reason when there is only ONE notice, there is no number displayed indicating that there is a notice.

Please look into this and see if it can be corrected as soon as possible. Thank you.