New design constructive feedback

Dark0ne

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Site is still super-slow to use. Especially loading images.

Other (attempted) constructive suggestions:

- scaling options would be awesome. Looking at category lists, I can see maybe 5 mods before I need to scroll - would rather see more at one time, and there is a lot of space that could be removed

- more options for the above on mod pages - on one mod for example: the Nexus header; Nexus Ad Banner; Mod Banner and then mod images - that is what I see when it opens up. The chance to scale some of that down would be awesome so the first thing I can see is what the mod is.

- option to remove/hide/minimise the 'About this mod section' - I find it clutter. If not the whole thing, then the option to remove some of it - I don't need to know if I have downloaded a mod or not. I know.

- on that note - minimise/hide/remove option for tags

Actually - just give us options to remove/hide or minimise anything that isn't bolted down. It would make the site so much more user-friendly.

I finally found a good thing to say about this new site design!!!

It works great on my smartphone, too bad the entire function of the site is pointless to visit on my smartphone and it still works like trying to go hunting with a boom box blaring metallica on pc

I have to say that after using the new design for awhile,it has really grown on me.Its certainly still not as pleasing to use as the old layout.But the disdain I had for it when you guys first rolled it out has for the most part gone away.

First visually I can see the new layout is starting to remind me a lot of the old layout,and is definitely an improvement over the first version that rolled out.Which honestly was a huge eye sore.Now it’s a lot more pleasing to the eye and while it can certainly improve that shows me you guys are taking the criticism to heart and listening and tweaking based on the feedback.

I,like a lot of people was really bummed out to see the old layout go,but now I’ll be honest that I’m really liking the new Nexus mods.

This new UI is really horrible seriously

it's flat and thats really ugly (make me think of windows 10 ugly UI)

on the main page (without game selected) i just cant put the game i want in the search bar to directly search mod for this specific game, i need to go down browse the list of the 530 games that are not sorted in alphabetical order or i need to click search on the empty search bar and then i can choose game list...

where are the advanced search options ??? (like description contains ? it helped me find lot of mods)

This UI is not intuitive and miss (or they are just hard to find) features...

go back to the old one it was perfect i will never understand why you always try to change things just to "modernize" when its not needed...

Edited by source13

This new UI is really horrible seriously

it's flat and thats really ugly (make me think of windows 10 ugly UI)

on the main page (without game selected) i just cant put the game i want in the search bar to directly search mod for this specific game, i need to go down browse the list of the 530 games that are not sorted in alphabetical order or i need to click search on the empty search bar and then i can choose game list...

where are the advanced search options ??? (like description contains ? it helped me find lot of mods)

This UI is not intuitive and miss (or they are just hard to find) features...

go back to the old one it was perfect i will never understand why you always try to change things just to "modernize" when its not needed...

Advanced Search options are available in every kind of list, be it previous search results, all mods of a game, all mods of a category, etc., simply by clicking on and expanding "Refine results".

To get to searching inside a single game, first go to the file site for that game, then either "Browse all mods" or any other list you can think of and refine from there. It wasn't possible to search for only a specific game's mods from the main page on the old layout before either, without jumping through similar hoops.

I noticed the indication to show if you downloaded a mod and/or if that mod has an update, has changed from a "tick" bottom right to a "Downloaded" or "Update Available" top left. Now, while I'm not against the new notification, I would like to point out that the new style isn't always as visible as the tick was, for the simple reason the tick was sitting in a black background area while the new notifications are applied as an overlay on top of the picture representing the mod. This picture however sometimes masks the notification when the pic is in a tint of green (for FO4).

As a result, when browsing mod lists, I often click mods I've already downloaded because I missed the notification thanks to the latter being almost invisible against the colours of the picture. So, unless there's another way, please revert back to the tick bottom right where the notification can't be missed.

• 2 months later...

I wish I had spoken on this sooner and had a better chance to get anyone who may feel the same way to speak up, but... I find it really annoying that the mods, updates, images, etc. tabs are opened and closed by mousing over them. It's frustrating how precise you have to be to hit the "Clear all notifications" or "See more" buttons on mod updates, otherwise the tab closes on you because you dragged your mouse a couple of pixels too far. Often happens to me a couple of times in one visit, no matter how hard I try to get used to it. I would much prefer the old method of clicking the tab and have it stay open, allowing me to keep the updates tab open while I expand it and open all of the updates in new browser tabs.

One positive change was fixing the "Clear all notifications" button so that it didn't disappear once you expanded your updates tab as far as it would go. Much appreciated fix.

Logged on today and notice that the "Updates" section requires that you click on it to be expanded, and stays open even if you aren't hovering perfectly over it... So glad to have this back! Thank you, Nexus team.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to see a visible tab for a directory of staff members, easily accessible on the NexusMods home page.