New design constructive feedback

Dark0ne

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DrakeTheDragon: Aye, it would be beneficial to have the volunteers (particularly moderators who deal with the community policing), more accessible in case a user or mod author would need to reach out to them.

@zeroking; As one of those volunteer Moderators, I do not want to be "more accessible" directly. I do not want people PM'ing me with questions about mods or why an author Blocked them. For the former, use the forums. For the latter, use the "Contact Us" link.

If it's a question about how the sites work, (or don't) or a possible violation of the TaP, use the "Report" button. The Reports are seen by all the staff, so whoever has the time to review can do so, and others can provide guidance and assistance. :thumbsup:

The only other question I get with any frequency is, "Can I use [someone else]'s material without permission?" You can guess the answer...

I like the gray on gray. For someone like me, who is mostly color blind, the grays work well. Plus grays are easy to see in most lighting. But I have noticed some sites offer a light color scheme and a dark color scheme. Maybe that would be cool. Give people the option. Lighter is easier to see in the day, darker at night.

As far as the features, I've noticed an issue where my mod manager doesn't really link well with the website. I usually have to download manually then find it in the manager. Don't know if thats a website thing or something with the program.

Also- when looking through the mods it was very difficult to find the categories button. Like really difficult. For a while I thought you removed that. Maybe a larger central page showing that navigation?

As far as that i think the site is pretty streamlined. I haven't had any real issues. Though the mobile website is not something I'm a fan of. Lol.

But, maybe have the sites somewhat resemble the games they are connected to? Like the fallout one be all irradiated? The elder scrolls all fantasy? (enter shameless plug) As an artist... I'm pretty good at painting and designing custom menus and looks. Let me know, lol.

This new design is to confusing, unattractive, slow and hard to use. No one likes the change with the majority being against it.

What used to take 1 minute in the old theme, now takes about 30-60 minutes in the new. Its terrible.

Edited by Taylei

This new design is to confusing, unattractive, slow and hard to use. No one likes the change with the majority being against it.

What used to take 1 minute in the old theme, now takes about 30-60 minutes in the new. Its terrible.

Actually, the majority seem perfectly fine with it. Only a very, very small minority have spoken against it.

Could you be a little more specific as to what features you feel aren't working as well as the previous site?

Actually, the majority seem perfectly fine with it. Only a very, very small minority have spoken against it.

I disagree that, "the majority seem perfectly fine with it" as seen in this one thread, the majority of comments are negative; along with outside this forum in checking a Google search. If a public poll existed this would be the overall response.