twowolves80

Yep, barns. How about a simple mod using vanilla assets that makes actual barns, and not those ridiculous lean-tos and open-sided mangers the vanilla game tries to pass off as a barn?

Even wooden barns would be something, but I seriously doubt major cities wouldn't each have a large barn or two for lodging horses, if for nothing else than for the soldiers' horses...which begs the question why we don't see mounted cavalry in the game, but I digress. Every inn should have some kind of barn attached to it, and farms would, too, because most peasants would utilize the heat generated by the animals to help keep out the cold in an enclosed space.

A good example of a barn that even looks lore-friendly:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LfDoPYdzAkg/T0vYEtUqB4I/AAAAAAAAALc/r4xuuI25WzI/s1600/Medieval+barn.jpg

And it would also help give the villages and cities a larger feel.

Where? I've seen one, outside of Winterhold that remotely resembles an actual stables. I guess I'm thinking of a building where there's stalls inside and it's completely closed off from the outside elements as opposed to the ones with open sides.

Heh. I thought this was a fallout topic. Don't remember the skyrim barns, but they should either be grass roofs+wood planks/posts, or those really tall roof things inspired from the viking architecture.

lmao I've done that myself once or twice. Yeah, I just thought that in places like Morthal, Winterhold and Dawnstar, they'd have fully enclosed, heated stables (braziers and whatnot) as it is frigid. That's why I liked that pic I posted up top--looks very much like something you'd see in Skyrim. Viking architecture=stone walls, sod or thatched roofs, small windows. lol