Heavy Traffic ×

How do I get the old Nexusmods layout back?

zmaint

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i try to use the old page it forces me to use the new one. it looks disgusting and grotesque, not to mention it keeps malfunctioning. i dont understand why people feel the need to improve on something thats already perfect. anyway, has anyone come up with a solution?

A very simple one - use the new one. You'll have to shortly, as the old one will be completely discarded.

• 2 weeks later...

Prefer the old one.

Just proves better taste than some in this respect.

The old one, it promotes the feeling I am looking for when perusing for mods and puts me in a downloading, maybe contributing sort of mood. Claim intrigued and open to investigation. Like I'm on a shopping trip with my beloved, well almost a little like that... but you get the point. The new one is just a turn off for many reasons on many levels.

Layout can have much to do with marketing success, ignoring this is a ''generic'' mistake that has cause the number of many of the target audiences of people to fall off.

That's why one should test and poll ones niche with giveaways to get a valid representation before proceeding.

There are many companies out there that do nothing but this, and would be delighted to aid you.

Here is an example: I sold 5000 eBooks, then at my fathers advice changed the site layout and the cover art in alignment with my target audience and now over the same amount of time, I have sold over 18000! This, without changing a single word of the descriptive text or online marketing plain. With no other changes to anything infact. Just the look feel and site layout changed.

In my example, the site started out Just sleek and meh Before, but user unfriendly to the intended audiences and had an unnatural feel to them. So while they were drawn by the message and need, they dwelt less on the site, as it was an irritant to them. With a mod instead of a book site this would prompt a get what you need and get out feeling and so they might miss out...eventually it would promote mass searches for a better alternative. Less subs, less contributions, or less lasting ones. To a reasonable degree that is.

With my project however, once adapted and tested, it was easy on the eyes giving a personal feeling that is conductive to buying for its intended audience. Not for most people just for the books audience and where the end product is concerned.

This is a Branch of the gaming market, and rpgers. They would not even think to look in the same place for drop downs as other consumers due to a verity of factors. Hence confusing and displeasing them....even getting use to it it seems not natural to them/simply unpleasant.

My fathers marketing enterprise employs a behavioral psychologist and others of specialize in philosophical aspects of this are consulted in his marketing department, who are also skilled in related matters.

• 2 weeks later...

While some come to this thread to find a way to get the old one back, i'm sitting here trying to find a way to keep the old one from being a "default", it's getting minorly aggravating having to repeatedly press "Go to New Layout" >.>.

Before anyone says this, yes I don't like doing that simple/small act lmfao.

We're still pushing traffic back and forth between the old and new site as we stress test all the code, find slow or unoptimised queries and then patch them up. So sometimes you might get the old site and sometimes you might get the new site.

If you want to force either, you use old.nexusmods.com for the old site and rd.nexusmods.com for the new site.

• 3 weeks later...