How do I get the old Nexusmods layout back?

zmaint

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dislike the new layout, everything just looks wrong. The main page is alright, I guess, but the individual mod pages are atrocious. It actually feels like a chore to use. I don't see what is wrong with just tidying-up what was there before. Give it a new coat of paint, rather than re-arrange it all in this way.

So will old.nexusmods eventually get removed permanently then? That will be a sad day, to be honest.

I don’t use Nexus regularly unlike other individuals, but it’s still a kind of sad sight for the layout to go. I’ve used Nexus for a while and I’ve grown kind of attached to it, and I don’t really have a problem with the new layout...but I still am going to miss it a little bit.

Bit jarring though of a change but it is for the better

Better for whom? Mobile phone users? For them certainly but for regular PC users thats debateable. I'd say we're being retrofitted for something that isn't optimized for us. C'est la vie.

works great for PC, have no issues with it thus far aside from a few minor issues that are primarily aesthetics related and really just nitpicks.

Which is to miss the point entirely.

Edited by soupdragon1234

Bit jarring though of a change but it is for the better

Better for whom? Mobile phone users? For them certainly but for regular PC users thats debateable. I'd say we're being retrofitted for something that isn't optimized for us. C'est la vie.

works great for PC, have no issues with it thus far aside from a few minor issues that are primarily aesthetics related and really just nitpicks.

• 2 weeks later...

The old site layout is gone and now... now I can see myself using Steam Workshop instead. Am I just grousing? Nah, I have a good reason.

A c c e s s i b i l i t y.

The old site had it in spades, the new site is hatefully lacking.

Anything done with a few mouse movements/clicks on the old site take many more on the new, the menus feel janky and unresponsive (especially if you have the shakes, which just makes the new site feel cranky, cruel, and impatient by comparison), the mouse needs further movement to achieve the same tasks, and here's the big one...

Zoomed in, the site COMPLETELY breaks!

Pick a mod page, zoom in about ten times. For those admins with access to both sites, compare the results.

You've just lost every paid/paying disabled user with this. Steam Workshop actually has better accessibility now. And that's so ridiculous it makes me sad.

So... Can we mod the Nexus to make it accessible again?

Seriously, the old Nexus site was a bastion of accessibility, something to be proud of, showing the rest of the Internet how it's done! It was a joy to use for people with poor sight and motor control problems. The new site makes me feel hated.

I doubt my concerns will matter though as the zeitgeist of Internet design these days seems to be 'sod these disabled troglodytes.'

Sad.

Will miss the Nexus.