Spawns of the Commonwealth (WOTC 2 New Thread)

SMB92

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome to see this is still being worked on

Yeah it's just slow. Not enough hours in a day lol. I don't intend on releasing a half baked product either, it's all you can eat buffet or bust :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I must admit that I was rather sad after seeing War of the Commonwealth was no longer being updated. However now I am relieved. This mod won't be anything less than amazing. Considering the shoddy engine you have to work with the fact that a mod like this is even possible in the first place is nothing short of incredible. I only wish I could fast forward time to kill the wait.

PS. Any idea on how script heavy it will be? The only issues I ever had with WotC was with mods like Sim Settlements that added tons of there own scripts. Sadly it might be a pick an choose and I must say I'll pick a more lively world and higher difficulty over eye candy and city building. We have other games for that anyways.

It is script heavy if you are referring to how many scripts and how many lines of code there is, the entire mod is scripted, there is no edits to vanilla apart from some SpawnPoints placed around the map (and this time not including ActorBase markers at all). However script is only fired when necessary, ie when you actually walk into an area and a SpawnPoint fires off. The mod uses known safe functionality and completely steers away from methods used in WOTC.