• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

CaliforniaDaaan

CaliforniaDaaan

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

So about a week ago I decided it was time to do a fresh install of Windows and everything else. I formatted all three of my drives and when I got Windows 10 running, Steam was among the list of software I immediately installed, and then about 25 games I play.

Well, I've downloaded NMM and have used it on this machine and OS before and have never had a problem with it. But currently, When I try to download a mod using the NMM option, the window pops up (the one advertising premium) and then nothing afterwards. It just stays on that screen.

I'm logged in on both Nexus and NMM, but there isn't a download anywhere. I'd manually install mods as I know how to do that but I much prefer NMM because when I download mods its usually 20 a time, especially so when I first install Skyrim SE for the first time.

Anyone know what could possibly be causing this ? I know my network isn't blocking the download because I've installed mods manually to check and it installs fine, I've uninstalled and reinstalled NMM about 3 times, the file path is correct, all 3 options in the settings is checked, the only thing I can think of, is Skyrim SE is installed on my E/ drive and NMM is installed onto my C/ drive. 

Thanks in advanced if anyone manages to solve this issue!

Edited by CaliforniaDaaan, 02 December 2017 - 10:46 PM.

vegecannibal

vegecannibal

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I am having the same issue, and the only thing i could think of was NMM being installed on c/ while skyrim is on d/ but from what i understand about nmm that shouldn't really be an issue. I'd even go premium if that would fix it but i don't know that it would.

vegecannibal

vegecannibal

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I read through some of the other posts on here and came across the fix:

start NMM as administrator, then click on the gears and click "fix it" under download options.

CaliforniaDaaan

CaliforniaDaaan

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

start NMM as administrator, then click on the gears and click "fix it" under download options.

Didn't work. I should also mention that, if I remember correctly, NMM should start up when you start a download via NMM Download option, if the manager isn't already open. Mine doesn't do that. I don't think it's NMM, I'm sure it has something to do with the site.

CaliforniaDaaan

CaliforniaDaaan

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I've also just tried to use the old nexus design and it gives me the same problem. The loading comes up for a second and then goes away.

domkaisergliders

domkaisergliders

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I'm having this same exact problem

domkaisergliders

domkaisergliders

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Did you also happen to delete mod organizer 2 before this problem?

zcul

zcul

ancient geezer

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,925 posts

Not sure whether this works for downloads with NMM. At least it worked for me and solved my issues with installing mods with NMM after manual download (the method I prefer). Anyway, at least worth it to try:

Short version:
Open the config of your anti virus programm

- Go to the menu where you can "excuse file extensions" from real time scan.

- In the menu where to excuse file extensions add: *.xml

- Confirm/click "OK" etc., done.

Windows Defender might not accept the *

In this case try: .xml

Confirm and done.
Run NMM as administrator.

Long version (installation of mods with NMM after „manual“ download etc.):
https://pastebin.com/raw/E1iUJL2Y

domkaisergliders

domkaisergliders

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Not sure whether this works for downloads with NMM. At least it worked for me and solved my issues with installing mods with NMM after manual download (the method I prefer). Anyway, at least worth it to try:

Short version:
Open the config of your anti virus programm
- Go to the menu where you can "excuse file extensions" from real time scan.
- In the menu where to excuse file extensions add: *.xml
- Confirm/click "OK" etc., done.

Windows Defender might not accept the *
In this case try: .xml
Confirm and done.
Run NMM as administrator.

Long version (installation of mods with NMM after âžmanualâ download etc.):
https://pastebin.com/raw/E1iUJL2Y

Thanks for this

Page loaded in: 0.695 seconds