Stuck in the Entry to Raven Rock Cutscene

Lollia

I have a problem where the cutscene for the first official entry to Raven Rock does not play out properly. I can hear the captain talking, but the ship does not sail into the harbor, instead I'm just floating over the ocean. His speech ends and I wind up stuck. I enable player controls with the console and find only two fish barrels are floating in the air next to me.

I find Adril waiting on the docks to speak to the captain who is obviously never going to show up. Ship, crew and captain are utterly missing.

I can approach Adril but his force greet script isn't functioning, so he just stays put. After I talk to him, he will stay on the docks infinitely. I'm not Dragonborn yet, so I'm just over in Soltheim for other explorations. I doubt it would make much of a difference; the cutscene is utterly busted.

If I travel to Raven Rock through a cheat-y house mod, then the ship and captain are present, but Adril is still stuck. I disabled all my mods, tried multiple fresh play-throughs and cannot find a hint of what is causing this problem. From one of the Skyrim wikis I found a post from 2013 which seems to be in the same trouble. The solutions offered were to use console commands to skip the entry, but that's not what I want.

I even extracted all the Dragonborn scripts from the Dragonborn BSA file and manually put them into the proper folders. No dice. Any help or ideas would be very welcome.

Edit: Thought I should add that I can still complete all the "for the good of Raven Rock" quests just fine. Like reopening the mine, clearing out Fort Frostmoth, taking down the assassins...

Edited by Lollia

• 4 months later...

I normally refrain from bumping a thread, but it's been quite some time and I still have this issue.

Any help or advice is very much appreciated.

Edited by Lollia

• 1 year later...

I've never had this issue but a couple suggestions come to mind:

-Make sure whatever folder your Skyrim install is in has full admin rights

-Try deleting Dragonborn.esm and Dragonborn.bsa from your data folder, and then use steam to redownload them (longshot, but it's all I got).

If I think of anything else, I'll post back.

I've never had this issue but a couple suggestions come to mind:

-Make sure whatever folder your Skyrim install is in has full admin rights

-Try deleting Dragonborn.esm and Dragonborn.bsa from your data folder, and then use steam to redownload them (longshot, but it's all I got).

If I think of anything else, I'll post back.

I appreciate the help. I tried both of those, but unfortunately, neither of them worked :sad:

edit: i made my own fix, with some edits to a script and one of the quests in the esp to basically skip the first-time arrival scene. i barely know what i'm doing, but got it to work almost flawlessly.

edit: actually i was able to take it a step further and just do it through the script edit

Edited by Guest

• 1 year later...

Reporting back. I got it fixed. So for those who have this bug. Look for a mod that allows jump attacks or underwater fighting. The key here is that the cutscene disables player movement while on the boat and such mods may not like that.. Zartar's Character Behaviors enhanded is the usual culprit, but for me it was a similar one called DMT's underwater and jump attacks. I disabled it and it works fine now.

If you still want to use this mod it is advised to:

1. disable the mod

2. fire up skyrim and travel to Raven Rock

3. travel back to windhelm

4. Enable the mod again

As for me, I'm going to keep it off. The jump attacks were only nice to have. Besides I'm hearing reports it also may cause issues with dragon riding.

Reporting back. I got it fixed. So for those who have this bug. Look for a mod that allows jump attacks or underwater fighting. The key here is that the cutscene disables player movement while on the boat and such mods may not like that.. Zartar's Character Behaviors enhanded is the usual culprit, but for me it was a similar one called DMT's underwater and jump attacks. I disabled it and it works fine now.

If you still want to use this mod it is advised to:

1. disable the mod

2. fire up skyrim and travel to Raven Rock

3. travel back to windhelm

4. Enable the mod again

As for me, I'm going to keep it off. The jump attacks were only nice to have. Besides I'm hearing reports it also may cause issues with dragon riding.

This. Worked for me, I've always done enableplayercontrols but needed the achievement for se. Thanks for the help.

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...