Game Crashes with newest version of F4SE

RG251

Hey all,

whenever I run Fallout 4 through the F4SE loader in NMM, the game will load to the main menu, but it will either crash after a few seconds or while loading a new game without an error message. This is with 0 mods enabled, only official DLC, though I've ran it without the DLC as well. The game runs perfectly fine if I run it through the normal launcher.

I've reinstalled the game, made sure F4SE is the most recent, verified local files, but the game simply will not run properly through F4SE. Anybody know of a fix, or at least had this happen to them?

F4SE version: 0.0.6.4

Game Version: 1.10.50.0

Thanks.

Under Data/F4SE/plugins, you should have a bunch of DLL files. Those are F4SE plugins (different from mods which use F4SE, those are still ESP files). If one of those is incompatible to your F4SE, the game will crash. You should delete (or rename) them one by one, to find which one causes the problem. Then you go look if there's a newer version of that plugin.

If one of those is incompatible to your F4SE, the game will crash.

Luckily that isn't always the case when/if a mod has proper version check, in that case it will tell you the mod needs to be updated. LooksMenu is a good example, which helps when it comes to people not knowing why suddenly game crashes.