• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Lyliafaith

Lyliafaith

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello, I'm super new to modding and modelling stuff in Fo4 and wanted to ask for some help or make a request for a specific kind of armor.

Juggernaut armor. Not for your character themselves, but for their power armor frame. I've gotten a little bit into making one with the gracious resources of "Outlawer," yet I'm facing some issues in-game where the whole torso floats and wont move with the power armor, just kind of sits there in some sort of c-pose or t-pose.

Here's what i got in 3dsmax, below I'll also provide the resource link with the juggernaut armor in it. My goal is a nice looking semi-sleek power armor that resembles a bombsquad/juggernaut.

uL8YMYR.png

eJNyW9x.png

KZKmnNb.png

XGFFrzP.png

PlavHGI.png

TyVRBQe.png

Outlawer's Outfit/Resource pack

Lyliafaith

Lyliafaith

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Anybody able to help out?

DeathMotif

DeathMotif

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 319 posts
Your problem is that you need to properly configure your rig in the nif file so that it lines up correctly with theframe’s rig. I believe there is a tutorial out there somewhere that shows how to do this. Regardless, that is the most likely cause of your immobile torso piece.

Lyliafaith

Lyliafaith

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Your problem is that you need to properly configure your rig in the nif file so that it lines up correctly with theframe’s rig. I believe there is a tutorial out there somewhere that shows how to do this. Regardless, that is the most likely cause of your immobile torso piece.

Thank you; however, despite all the time I've used trying to fix this I haven't found any helpful tutorials. Thank you though, i think this project is over.

DeathMotif

DeathMotif

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 319 posts
Start with this:

There are more out there. You just have to dig deeper, and be a little creative with your google search parameters. I know this because Iâve run into them before. Some are on Nexus.

Flowerguy360

Flowerguy360

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 970 posts

I haven't done any PA mods, so maybe there is something more to it, but to me when something isn't moving with the rest of the body it is caused by a weighting issue.

Have you tried weight painting it in Outfit Studio, using the PA Frame as a reference?

RinaTheNingheimQueen

RinaTheNingheimQueen

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

I haven't done any PA mods, so maybe there is something more to it, but to me when something isn't moving with the rest of the body it is caused by a weighting issue.

Have you tried weight painting it in Outfit Studio, using the PA Frame as a reference?

I believe doing this caused the model to become an error.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: power armor, heavy armor, mashup

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.043 seconds