Nexus Mod Manager: Can't change load order/move mods up&down

Venlafaxin

Hey all!

Wasn't sure where to place this, as the utility is no longer maintained because of Vortex development.

So yeah, title sort of says it all. I can't click any plugin in the "plugins" tab, and move them up nor down the list. And I can't quite figure out why.

I'm using the NMM version posted in the "ESL support for NMM" mod located here

I'm using the Pipboy camo, decoration pack, power armor camo, and modular backpack from Creation Club.

Any ideas, lads and lasses? :)

• 2 months later...

Hey all!

Wasn't sure where to place this, as the utility is no longer maintained because of Vortex development.

So yeah, title sort of says it all. I can't click any plugin in the "plugins" tab, and move them up nor down the list. And I can't quite figure out why.

I'm using the NMM version posted in the "ESL support for NMM" mod located here

I'm using the Pipboy camo, decoration pack, power armor camo, and modular backpack from Creation Club.

Any ideas, lads and lasses? :smile:

To edit the load order without having to remove the Creation Club Content, Export your Load List to txt file in Nexus Mod Manager 0.63.17, Open in Notepad, or Notepad++, Cut and past the lines to the desired locations. With over 181 mods, it's faster than letting NMM do it without the CC in it. Then save the file edits, then go back to NMM and import from txt, it does change the load order to the new varient. Do NOT try to move any CC directly, Just ignore them, and don't change the list of the CC, it's main list would need to be edited for them to be changed in load order, Fallout4.ccc

• 2 months later...

I found a workaround for this. Go to your (C:) Drive, tick 'Hidden Items' under the "View" tab. Then go to your user name folder (whatever your user name is on Windows), -> AppData, -> Local, -> Fallout4 and open the plugins.txt file. Cut and paste your load order here as you want it by moving the mod names etc. Then save it. Once you load NMM, your load order should be as you want it.

Worked for me.

There was a bug in NMM that would freeze plug-ins when an esl was loaded above an esm. That bug has been handled as of v0.65.0. Get the latest versions of NMM on GitHUB.

You'll need to update NMM anyway because of the switch from using HTTP to HTTPS, which means that versions prior to 0.65.0 will no longer be able to log-on to the Nexus servers as of 8 May.

• 3 weeks later...

I was using Nexus Mod Manager-0.63.14 with no problems. I saw there was an update, but NMM has not been able to contact the server for a long time. I installed 0.65.2 about a week ago and did not have trouble until today.

The Mods page seems to work fine, but the Plugins does not. If I select any plugin, the up/down arrows are greyed out and I cannot move them. I tried updating to 0.65.5 and that did not work any differently. NMM still is unable to contact the server.

I have tried several of the fixes, but they did not work. I have not tried to go back to 0.63.14 because I was afraid that might mess something up.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

I'm having this same issue after installing 2 CC items. I have the most current version of NMM 0.65.2
Even before installing CC items, I have been having an issue where NMM corrupts items I uninstall and try to reinstall. I have to delete the mod completely, re-download it from Nexus and then reinstall it

• 2 months later...

I found an .esp file that was created as an .esm file loaded near the bottom of my load order. I used FO3Edit to change it back to an esp. Now I can move my plugins again!

Does it still work now? I'm kinda frustrated by the "greyed out" thing when moving plugin load orders.