Looking for step by step help creating my own replacement mod

rockingsoul1613

I've been wanting to create a replacement mod of my own and after stumbling upon the Zombie Walkers mod by joefor, I think I finally found out how I would like to approach it. He uses a scripted approach which claims to be the most stable and least conflict likely, so that is exactly what I am setting out to do with my mod.

I have already mapped out all the specifics, the only thing left is creating the actual mod myself. Now, I have zero experience in modding and have no idea of where to begin or what to do. I have tried helping myself by looking for tutorials and the like, but I have had zero success in the matter.

I am humbly asking if I could get some step by step guidance on what I am trying to do so that I can see this project through myself. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could step forward and lend me a hand.

Edited by rockingsoul1613

There are probably only a few people in the history of Fallout 4 modding to ever attempt enemy replacement in general and joefor is possibly the only one to do it by that particular method you want to use. Your best bet is to talk to joefor. He's probably the only one who could possibly give you a step by step, although most likely he'll just be able to give you tips. If he's not around any more, then you'll just have to pick apart his mod to see how exactly it was doing. Start by making a few tweaks to try and get your own enemies spawning, and once you manage that, try recreating the mod from the ground up as your own.

Before you do that, you might want to go through a few modding tutorials to practice making some basic mods yourself just so you can have a bit of experience with the Creation Kit. The tutorial might lead you through making a new piece of armor, a new NPC with some dialog, or whatever. Something simple like that will get you through the basics of using the Creation Kit so you don't have to conquer that and replacement scripts at the same time.