PS4 mods and scripting

SKKmods

I'd like to publish one of my mods for PS4, but my focus is dynamic scripting so the PS4 publishing naturally vomits BA2 script packaging errors at me.

I have had a poke around but can't find any clear guidance or best practice on how to hide script in the PS4 approved asset classes.

Any tips n tricks to share on holotape fragments, quest stage fragments, alias scripts and quest scripts ?

Caveat: I don't change any base game content or assets, ever. If that's the workaround then the platform is dead to me.

As soon as you need to save a new file/ edit an existing one you can't add it on PS4. You can for simple operations reuse existing scripts or part of them by using only some of the properties. But this gets very time consuming as you need to find a script that has properties of the correct type, extends the correct form, has the code you need and preferably uses properties for its variables and not just hardcoded values. For quest and terminal fragments it gets even trickier because the code you need to reuse has to be on the correct terminal/quest entry.

You can reuse vanilla scripts though, there are quite a lot of them providing basic functionality like do something on trigger, add/remove to faction, etc. If you can limit the mod to use only them, then you can upload for PS4.

Edited by zilav

LOL OK folks, thanks but with around 2,000 lines of multi-threaded custom script it sounds like I'm hugging a total looser with the idea of delivering managed instant combat to the PS4.

I am intrigued how stuff like NPCs Travel which has 160Kb of PEX in the PC BA2 works on PS4 (PMs sent).

Yeah cheers that fellah has published some good stuff, have dropped a beth.net pm

I was thinking you could read what he had written about it. But okay.