Need help with settlement mod

Excoter

Im a beginner with creation kit, and Im seeking help with current settlement mod project.

I went through many guides and tutorials, but Im not able to figure out what I have done wrong when..

1. Happiness stays at 0%.

2. I can see my settlement on map and can fast travel to it, but settlement is not listed under workshops.

3. I cannot see settlement on list when trying to send settlers from other settlements.

Other than those, settlement works perfectly. Any advice where to look for reason, where I have made mistake?

( made 3 other settlement mods without these problems, but I just can't find reason why this one aint working...)

Thanks

Seems like the 0 happiness bug... It can randomly occur when a user uses a settlement mod.

Instead of happiness starting at 50, it will be 0 and stay 0...

It basically means the settlement is broken... The other problems probably derive from that...

Know there is a vanilla version of the bug, where settlement happiness drops dramatically when leaving a settlement and goes back up when you return, and the mod version, where it's 0 and stays 0...

On another forum I found this:

SpawnRazor (Topic Creator)1 year ago#3
There's a bug that can occur. From what I understand if when you first load up a mod settlement (Natick Power Plant) for example, if it shows the happiness already marked at 0 upon activating the workbench for the first time, then the settlement is "broken" and you must revert to a save previous to the mod being enabled. Repeat until it says 50, like every vanilla settlement does when you first activate it.
Try that solution, and if it works, it's nothing wrong with your mod, just a bug that many users experience...

Thanks for reply.

I just noticed that I do have this specific settlement listed in workshops now, but with name "Commonwealth" and not with it's own name. All specs are correct, def, pow etc, so I know it refers to settlement in question. (not like bug with Conquest mod)

I still believe that I have some setting incorrect, when making this settlement mod with creation kit.

I made 3 settlement mods with only location as difference, 2 works perfect with correct happiness etc...

So I either made mistakes on keywords, links etc with one in question, or Im trying to make buildable area just too large... I will double check setting again and again, but can anyone answer quickly what are possible problems when buildable area covers multiple cells?

if the cells don't belong to anything else(named wilderness) then you have to give them the name of your location/encounter, if not then they don't count/belong to your location, result= error try again

it make no different 1 cell 5 cells so long they don't belong to any other location, and have the correct name

if the cells don't belong to anything else(named wilderness) then you have to give them the name of your location/encounter, if not then they don't count/belong to your location, result= error try again

it make no different 1 cell 5 cells so long they don't belong to any other location, and have the correct name

I think my problem is cell name related, as Im trying to make settlement what covers the area around DC just outside of the walls.

But there are actual mistakes in guides made, and as beginner Im having real hard time to figure the correct way out.

I must have some sort of disorder when it comes to learn modding... :sad:

I made a new settlement mod again from scratch, now I got it without happiness bug but settlers wont accept work orders... Also I cannot send settlers from other settlements, as this new location wont show on list.

Settlement shows on map but without pop and happiness % numbers, just like looking it's not a settlement.

Anyone willing to help and take a quick look of my mod?

EDIT: I started a new game for test purpose and no changes, settlement has correct name on map but "Commonwealth" on pipboy list of workshops. Also I cannot issue any orders for settlers nor sent them other locations.

Edited by Mikki2016