Need help with settlement mod

Excoter

i could prolly fix it in like 10 min, but i don't have the game/ck installed anymore

just a couple checks

did you gave the location you made all the correct keywords (easy way is click on the abernaty location copy the hole stack of keywords, paste them to yours)

did you checked the never reset and is settlement in the encounter zone

did you gave the cell(s) the right name

did you make the parent script new, or did you used the 1 from robot/auto

a lil tip for your worksbench+ the belonging markers, in ck there is something named as packin's under misc, it contain a hole complete set, just drop it adjust and you have wb + the belonging markers

for the commenwealth thing it means you forgot something, prolly the cell name

Thank you so much trying to help me, I do appreciate this a lot.

I have made 3 separate settlement mods, 1: Whole Diamond city interior area, 2: Multiple cells going around DC walls and 3: Intersection of railroad and road north of Oberland station.

I have made all 3 mods with exact same settings, so I can't understand why...

1. DC settlement works perfectly, settlers obeys work orders etc. Everything 100% ok.

2. Outside of DC gate settlement shows on pip-boy workshop list and on map, but in map under name there's no pop and happiness numbers. Settlement Management Software (mod) says it's not valid settlement, settlers made with cheat terminal wont take any orders,

3. Wilderness settlement all same as number 2 but with one difference, settlement shows pop and happiness numbers under name on map.

did you gave the location you made all the correct keywords (easy way is click on the abernaty location copy the hole stack of keywords, paste them to yours)

A: Yes all 3 settlement locations I made have all same 4 keywords.

did you checked the never reset and is settlement in the encounter zone

A: Yes

did you gave the cell(s) the right name

A: Not sure what you mean, guide I followed is not asking to rename any cells. ( https://stuyk.com/fallout-4-creating-a-new-settlement-location/ )

did you make the parent script new, or did you used the 1 from robot/auto

A: Parent script?.. Not sure what you mean with this, but I did follow guide linked above.

Im pretty much lost here at the moment, I can't figure out where Im making mistake.

the script you need is the first 1 under

Quest Creation

mm dum fonts

when you are in your cell(s) it prolly show as wildernes, right click on the name and you can edit the name of the cell

read here under the spoiler

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4450545-request-for-a-proofread-of-a-settlement-mod-guide-please/page-1

Edited by speedynl

Now I was able to fix my DC ext settlement to show pop and hap numbers on map, but still I cannot get settlers to work.

Settlement Management Software mod says still that settlement is not "valid"... I can place trade caravan posts, I can send now settlers from other settlements to this one... but they just don't obey any commands.

I must be pretty close to get this to work, but I just don't understand the mechanics yet.

I was finally able to get settlement just outside of the DC to work, even with massive sandbox build area.

I only have one minor glitch what Im trying to figure out, I know its minos but it is buggin hell out of me...

In pip-boys map screen, when hoverin cursor over the settlement it wont show pop and happiness. Everything else works totally fine, even with settlers, routes etc...

I made 3 separate settlement mods one after another with similar setting and keywords, and therefore I just can't understand why this one is buggin?... I double checked everything.

I did use wilderness cell (I rename it) next to Diamoncity Ext 03 cell, all XMarkers, MapMarker and workbench was placed in that cell.. except OutOfSight marker what I moved outside of the trigger area...

EDIT: It seems that was just load order issue, my settlement mods last ones on load list seems to fix last problems.

Pretty happy atm, all this trouble was not wasted =)

Edited by Mikki2016

if you go to the wb for the 1'st time(and use e to open it) do it say you can use wb at (your settlement name) or do it say something else

if it don't say(show) the right name, you still miss something

also don't use a save where you have already visit the place, for best testing use a save before you leave the vault, that 1 is pure clean with no data

Edited by speedynl

if you go to the wb for the 1'st time(and use e to open it) do it say you can use wb at (your settlement name) or do it say something else

if it don't say(show) the right name, you still miss something

also don't use a save where you have already visit the place, for best testing use a save before you leave the vault, that 1 is pure clean with no data

I have been testing mods now multiple times with save before I leave the vault.

When I arrive to visinity of WB I get exp from discovering the location, and it says the location name correctly. Then when I open WB, it opens each time with 50% happiness.

When my mods were higher on the load order, this did not work almost at all. Pip-boy used to show "Commonwealth" as name of the workshop, and there was issues with settlers not taking any orders.

I could not understand how much load order had effect on these, my mods only adds settlement WB's and nothing else.

Now Im going to start a new game, after Im positive after all testing.

Too happy too early... Settlemens works fine and everything looks correct on map, but on pip-boy's workshop list my settlemens either loose their names or it says "Commonwealth".. Oh well.. I don't know anymore where to even look for cause, but I guess that game will be playable anyway...