Need help with settlement mod

Excoter

I got finally everything to work well enough for ok play through, only one problem persist...

Only 1 settlement (mod) out of 3 (Diamond City) has this problem. I cannot send my companions there.. settlement wont show on list when choosing where to send companion or settler some other location.

Again I made all these 3 mods with exact same settings, so I worry the bug relates to Diamond City's special location type?..

Should I have use so called "Interior workbench" instead the regular one?..

I got finally everything to work well enough for ok play through, only one problem persist...

Only 1 settlement (mod) out of 3 (Diamond City) has this problem. I cannot send my companions there.. settlement wont show on list when choosing where to send companion or settler some other location.

Again I made all these 3 mods with exact same settings, so I worry the bug relates to Diamond City's special location type?..

Should I have use so called "Interior workbench" instead the regular one?..

Regular workbench works just fine inside also. What you need to do however is to point your Location on Map to MapMarker itself instead of XMarkerHead. And also you need to change location AND zone in Cell, and that can be tricky, mainly you can't have the Cell you handle active. Activate another Cell and then change things in Cell you need to.

i never used a int workbench, a ext works fine everywhere, the difrent between int/ext is 1 menu (the 1 for building settlement stuff)

the problem is prolly the cells, some cells around diamond belong to diamond (hence the names)

i think the most simple solution will be, make hole diamond a settlement (loc/encounter) then the surrounding cells will be used to, but will break anything else that use diamond and or the other cells

lil note using named cells that belong to any location is a bad idea anyway

but then again what do i know

I did use wilderness cell inside DC for settlement, everything else than 'DefaultEmptyTrigger' and 'WorkshopSetOwnedTrigger' are located inside of that wilderness cell.

I did give name "CITY" for this settlement, and map marker shows correctly displaying also pop and hap %... BUT on my pip-boy workshops list the settlement is called "Diamond City".. with all correct information.

I can create settlers to settlement with cheat terminal, and after creation they follow orders normally etc.. Only problem really is that I cannot send anyone from outside to this settlement.

I got it working now totally perfectly... Moving mod last on my load order solved the last bug, now settlers will arrive normally and I can send even companions to DC from outside.

that's awesome, I am planning going through that process for goodneighbor. but in the meantime, so..you gonna release that as a mod? I'll test it out in my game. there is a mod that does the same , but since you seem to be doing your homework, I'd like to give it a go

I can send the esp file, just send me address with pm.. But because I never ment to publish this mod for others, I made some changes in DC what may cause problems for others...

I did remove lot of trash and items making space for buildings I made, and all these changes are way too heavy to share as transferred settlement file.. ( I tried and file requires around 46 mods.. =D )

Too late I realized that I was supposed to make just settlement as separate plugin file.

I will remake Diamond City's settlement mod now from ground up, without any extra changes so it will be compatible for everyone.

I just found out the latest version of Awarhero's DC mod, and will make addition to my settlement mod being compatible with that without conflicts.