Texture and Mesh error in CK, please help!

mysticdragonmage

im trying to create my own original weapon attachment from scratch, and i believe i've done everything right until this point.

i select "mod_melee_SuperSledge_SuperBlade" i made by duplicating and editing the "mod_melee_SuperSledge_Heated" which opens up "Object Mod" i select edit>edit(within the model data window)>and i select the Mod_SuperBlade.nif file containing the mesh i want to place. this nif file is located in C:\Program Files "(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Meshes\Weapons\RocketHammer\Mod_SuperBlade.nif."

despite this, i get two signs of error.

one is that the render within "Object Data" window has a big red exclamation point instead of the actual mesh.

another is that there are no materials under "original materials."

lastly, one warning appeared and they say as followed:

TEXTURES: TEXTURE ERROR : Unable to load file 'Data\Textures\DarkGray.dds'

this warning appears every time i open the "Object Data" window.

so far, i've been following this tutorial:

that is, up until two points.

in the video, within nifscope, he copied the "lighting shader property" branch from the original reciever and pasted it on his custom model. i did the same, but i edited the .bgsm path to my own custom .bgsm file.

i made a copy of my nif simply named "Mod_SuperBlade2.nif" and did exactly what he did with the reciever (except with the heated super sledge attachment). lo and behold, the red error symbol mentioned earlier disappeared and i had an actual model, just not with the textures i wanted.

the other point was when he made a new weapon, not a new receiver. it was simple enough to figure out how editing weapon attachments worked, so i just went ahead and made it a new weapon attachment instead (note that "Mod_SuperBlade2.nif" worked here, so i dont think this is my problem)

it must be something with either the textures or the bgsm.

so i followed another tutorial by the same guy:

and this time i did everything he did, just with mine having a few errors.

this is not me saying that Gambsmosre / Mikemore is bad at tutorials. in fact, i knew nothing about mods until i found his videos, and the tutorials helped me out a lot up to this point.

can anyone help me out?

in the meantime, I'll test SuperBlade2 in-game and see if there is anything wrong with my custom textures.

thanks!