I did Something realllly stupid NEED ASSISTANCE PLZZ!

DApocrypha

Okay as The Title Presents itself , I did something really stupid, Now Don't get me wrong I AM a beginning modder however I have been making progress until now, I've Been using a set of "Unique" mods ( Unique Follower & Unique Player) it was my 1st attempt at Customizing the DDss?? ndss? the textures and body for the Player, and I have youtube for tutorials and explored for tutorials But to my avail there wasn't anything for beginning modders or people like me who need to go through things step by step. Frankly I've only found ways of placing the mod in its proper location, though thats not my issue here. To run over my rambling , I was messing with Unique player and the DDss and ndss I was able to customize the body which was good, but I got a black face, which I felt was just a texture problem with something I downloaded, however what I did was I anxiously started to mess with Curies body ( Now moving onto Unique followers) and When I did that I realized I didnt make a backup of the default textures, and I wanted to do so as a precaution. However. . . this is where stupidity is involved I pressed Ctrl+Z to undo what I have done and It cleared the folder instead which then kicks me out of the folder and proceeds telling me location isn't available, or the folder is empty, giving an error message, I figured to fix this mistake I could Uninstall and reinstall it, but NMM only says there's and error and closes out, so I am stuck with now black face, and unique followers being stuck in nmm PLZ HELP ME

Verify the game through Steam to get all the folders up-to-date and in their original state. And beginning modder or not, you must at one time or another have heard about back-ups?

Once you have your game folders back as they should, re-install your mods, bit by bit.

What exactly did you delete?

And removing the esp from your game data folder would also remove this particular mod... You don't need NMM for that...

Knowing what folder you actually deleted would be helpful to give you better advise... As validating the game through Steam does nothing to 'mod' folders... It just makes sure that all actual game files are there and correct...

And it sounds like you removed a folder used by a mod you downloaded... Not one originally belonging to the game...

As for returning the mod to its original state, download it without NMM and unpack it... Then place the Folders where they are supposed to be... and say yes to question of overwriting the existing files... Then your mod should be back to original...

Verify the game through Steam to get all the folders up-to-date and in their original state. And beginning modder or not, you must at one time or another have heard about back-ups?

Once you have your game folders back as they should, re-install your mods, bit by bit.

I deleted Curie's Base female hands, Body etc... In the unique followers mod, Curie's body had it's own folder with her body dd's and female hands and I made the mistake of clearing it

I deleted The Base female files inside of curie by mistake, and you're RIGHT JimmyRJump,sorry for taking so long to respond !! I thought it would take a while so I just went to sleep :laugh: :laugh: You Guys are awesome honestly, But thank you I will try both, but before I do, When you say "Verify the game through steam" JimmyRJump DO you mean Like when you have to validate the game and stuff?

Validating the game won't help... As that will only correct the vanilla assets of the game and will not do anything with downloaded mods...

Your best bet is to manually re-add the mod to your games folder... And overwrite everything it asks you to write... Without NMM

Yuliah, if you don't mind could you walk me through unique followers ,I mean you really don't have to, but I'd greatly appreciate it, and yeah I tried validating it, it didn't work, So I guess I would just Unpack Unique followers like you said then maybe , just copy the curie folder over??

Edited by DApocrypha

Alright, what I want you to do... As for some reason the manual download of that mod doesn't work...

If the curie folder itself in textures still exists, that's alright, otherwise you'll have to make it again and call it CaitBody...

Then I want you to go into the CurieBody folder and copy all the files...

Go back into the CaitBody folder and paste the files you copied in the CurieBody folder...

If all you messed up with the mod is clear out the CaitBody texture folder, this should fix the issue enough for you to be able to uninstall the mod in NMM...

After this, you should be able to redownload the mod completely in NMM and reinstall it to its original...

If this doesn't work, check if all of the following is in your data folder:

Files