Detect Synth Settlers

tritonforge

I just had an idea for identifying settlers who are synths. It will require some game mechanic understanding. Is there a way to assign an eye texture to an entire faction?

If so, for any NPC with a synth variable tag (bIsSynth=true called from ShowVars, even hidden synth settlers are already tagged), assign that NPC/faction a specific texture of eyes; you can walk up close to all settlers and check for the "Bladerunner replicant eyes". I feel that this is both practical and immersive.

Edited by tritonforge

For PC users you can go into console and highlight a npc to bring up there number then type in sv and hit enter and scroll up 2-3 times and look for line that says "blsSynth = False" for good human and "blsSynth = true" for synth.

Do what you want to with the synth's but don't let other settlers see you kill them. I send all synth to Hangmans Alley and in my current playthrough I now have 14 there.

I always just dress them in a synth uniform and not give them weapons to show that although they can stay, they cannot be hiding what they are and until the Institute is destroyed, you cannot trusted with one, as the Institute can make them to hurt anyone at any time if they wanted.