Dual Sheath Redux Works!

DesertRanger111

If anyone is interested and doesn't know how, I figured out how to get dual sheath redux to work with SSE. Ill check this post later and if people have responded (assuming Im not the last person to figure it out) post on here that you want a walk through and Ill go step by step through it.

If this is something everyone already knows how to do... sorry =/

1. Download the SKSE64 Alpha

2.Download Dual Sheath Redux manually from LS nexus

3. cut and paste 7z or rar file into SSE mod folder (let me know if you don't know where this is)

4. make sure you have an skse folder inside your sse data folder

5. use mod manager to activate dual sheath redux plugin

6. run java patch

7. Make sure dual sheath and the patch are LAST in your load order, even lower than xpmse!

8. Make sure you are using vanilla weapons or weapons that have a dual sheath patch.

9. Enjoy

If that doesn't work, post on here and Ill try to help you troubleshoot.

not working for me. in the game still shows run java patch which i already did.

Ok , did you create an skse folder inside of your data folder? The skse64 alpha does not include the skse folder inside the data folder so you have to manually make one. Let me know if that doesn't fix the problem.

Hey! This is pretty cool.

The DSR patch is throwing a lot of hissy fits which makes this less than ideal. Basically it cries that esps are unchecked, you need to locate all your inis yourself, but if I can be bothered I'll appeal to the patcher a bit more later to see if it works. Thanks for the little guide, though, if this actually works for SKSE then that's amazing!

EDIT: Alright who am I fooling I can't stay away from DSR! It says it requires me to put DSR in my load order, which it is... Interesting.

Edited by webyan

I tried to convert the mod myself and did a ton of test trials. The Java patcher needs to be updated for the new loot set and load order patches. It has a 64bit version, but needs to be set up for the new system.