My Radio Station has suddenly stopped working after the previous update.

suicidalDogX

Hi there, and thank you for taking the time to read this.

I am the creator of the mod Radio New Vegas - Now With Mojave Music Radio (Link: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24320/?)

Ever since the previous update, the radio itself just plays silence. This has never occurred for me before and I am unsure as to what could be causing the issue, or if it is an issue on my behalf.

I have tested out other mods that use the same scripts as mine, such as the PipPod (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8676/?) and surely enough, this doesn't play for me.

I have checked:

• Frequency - The same as before worked, there is no reason why it shouldn't now
  • Audio Files - I am using 16bit WAV files which are supported and can be played on the radio stations
  • Load order
  • Scripts

I even tried recreating the mod, but was unsuccessful with the same circumstance.

Anyways, getting to the point, I was wondering if anyone had an idea what this issue could be. And if so could maybe present me with a solution for it.

Also, if someone else could test functionality of my mod on their own game and also the PipPod to confirm that it is the update that has broken this mod. It would be much appreciated and I would be so very grateful.

I will give Kudos for any help offered.

Thank you for taking time to read this issue and maybe even support me in resolving it :smile:

Sincerely

-DogX

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

It's a known bug with ALL custom radio stations, and even happens extremely rare with the default stations.

And apparently nobody knows how to fix it. After all these years.

That's why I'm here right now searching. 'Cause I just lost five hours of game time having to go back to a save where the custom radio station (FCR) was working again. It's aggravating!

Anybody? Anybody know how to fix this? Speak up!

• 2 years later...
Bit late to the party, but a quick fix is to find the radiostation it's quest id and use the console command "stopquest (questname), you'll see.a notification that you've lost the signal. Next step is to use the command "startquest (questname)" it will then be available again and play music.

I don't know about custom radio stations but most (or maybe all) default stations have built in failsafes in their scripts.. The radio station's quest script restarts the radio (the quest's scene respectively) with a timer.. but it's not a problem because the quest stores the last played songs..

• 2 weeks later...

It's a known bug with ALL custom radio stations, and even happens extremely rare with the default stations.

And apparently nobody knows how to fix it. After all these years.

That's why I'm here right now searching. 'Cause I just lost five hours of game time having to go back to a save where the custom radio station (FCR) was working again. It's aggravating!

Anybody? Anybody know how to fix this? Speak up!

In two words; Script. Load. If the mods you employ have heavy enough scripts... I just now bit the bullet and removed Knockout Framework from my poor achy Fallout 4 (for the first time in years) because it tilted Sim Settlements 2, Workshop Framework, Pack Attack NPC, Companions Heal Themselves, Sleep Intimate, and OWR (OG and 2) over the line. Oh, and AFT. Just too much. As AFT allows self-healing for companions you might wonder why I even have it in that crowded pack of mods; the answer is Dogmeat and bots/Nick healing with Robot Repair Kits.If this isn't enough, I'll say "Screw it" and remove CHT. Need further? I'll groan at being stuck with artificial stupidity and swap PANPC with Extra Enemies. I WILL get my script load under control!

Individually, the script load isn't too awful for any of these fine mods, but together? Just, too, much.

ADDENDUM: As to why Radio stations (especially if you've added a bunch) are script-intensive, I should point out that the game scripts run all the stations all the time while Fallout 4 is running, it's just a matter of if you or some radio is tuned into a particular station.