IS SSE More Stable than LE?

DesertRanger111

I am starting this thread just to get a feel for how others have experienced SSE. I have been huge into modding for skyrim but thought I would give SSE a shot on the theory that the 64bit system would be more stable than LE's 32bit.

I love LE Skyrim and generally dislike the changes bethesda made with SSE but so far it has been a LOT more stable for me. Anyone disagree? If so, how did you get LE to be stable with 200+ mods?

I ran it with an enb, have the anti-crash mods, etc and it gets to the point sometimes (like now) where I can't even start a new game without ctd. I would love to go back to using it if it could be stable but I have to say, since I've been playing the SSE version it has been nice not randomly crashing to desktop every ten minutes or so.

It is more stable if your mods are stable.

Dist... dis... dis... People keep forgetting to follow good modding practices. Stability really comes down to mods and the how you're able to get them to work together properly. You could have the most stable game engine in the world, but if you're crashing a lot it's because you didn't follow proper modding steps and try to find conflicts. Creating a good and stable mod list takes time and energy.

It is more stable if your mods are stable.

Dist... dis... dis... People keep forgetting to follow good modding practices. Stability really comes down to mods and the how you're able to get them to work together properly. You could have the most stable game engine in the world, but if you're crashing a lot it's because you didn't follow proper modding steps and try to find conflicts. Creating a good and stable mod list takes time and energy.

And that is all well and good, but having a stable mod order in an unstable engine will make short work of the overall stability too - which is exactly what happened to Oldrim on account insufficient memory... Which means that if you have two equally well assembled mod-lists, the one on SE will still run better on account of the engine (even if the patches for Oldrim did push the engine beyon its original limit).

The original 2011 release was an advanced turn-based game. The game had a go and crashed and then it was your turn to have a go, mostly at pulling what was left of your hair and rebooting the game. Especially when, like in my case, you were running two GPUs in CrossFireX since the game didn't support it at first and when it did, the GPU drivers took an age to get adapted.

I had to disconnect one of the two 6970ies I had to last longer than five minutes. After a few patches things smoothed out and then it was a question of picking the right mods.

The Skyrim Special Edition runs nice straight out of the box, which kind of figures as it took the Bethesdians five bleedin' years to finally release a version especially made for PC. Because that had been the main problem with the 2011 release: developed for console and very badly ported to PC, with a crashfest as a result and scrotum-shriveling textures to boot...

I would say, SE is much more stable than LE, no doubt.

Also it's looking bit better at the start than LE, so i "need" less mods to make my game looking nice, and the way i want it.

There are also more and more great mods out for SE now, and SKSE in alpha is out, and is doing well mostly. I missed SKSE lot in the beginning, and did a break, and came back for it i must admit.

I had a heavy modded Oldrim in the past, and it looked very pretty to, no doubt. And there is also a difference if you do screen-archery, or a simply want play the game for the game.

For my part i played Skyrim so much, so many times before it was on steam, long long time ago. :geek:

Now i play modding the game, rarely go over lvl 20, and start over with new ideas and mod-lists again and again. I don't like the CC side and all these money-stuff. But we have an awesome and great community, and i love see what new mods i can try and test now.

Yes, SE is a step more, a bit better, and more stable, with lot of good memories in the good Oldrim of course. :laugh: