Weapons workbench causes CTD, but none of the other Workbenches

HarshLilHamlet

I have just over 20 hours into the game and love modding my weapons. I have Weaponsmith and AWKCR installed along with about 20 other mods but no standalone weaponry for the game. All of a sudden, without installing any other mods, every time I try to operate the weapons workbench (not the weaponsmith WB) it will CTD. I cannot figure it out. I have tried reinstalling any mods that might have any relationship to weaponry or armor but to no success.

Suggestions? I have been trying different things for a couple days now and haven't seen a forum solely on the weapons workbench. Thanks!

You say on the other thread you've definitely updated WSE, AWKCR and Armorsmith (if you have the latter). This type of crash is usually related to a missing keyword, as WhiskeyRiver suggested in the other thread.

Have you tried opening those mods and any dependants in FO4edit and checking for errors? It could be one of your weapons in your inventory has this broken keyword and going to the workbench is instigating the crash.

Yah all my mods are updated. An update to my previous problem, the workbench now crashes about 50/50. Sometimes I can use it for multiple minutes, Itll crash immediately like before, Or itll crash after some apparent random amount of time with the bench open. I've opened FO4edit and checked for any errors and it reads clean. I'll try transferring all my weapons to a companion and see if I still get a crash upon open. Thanks.

Figured it out, It only crashes when I hover over a vanilla weapon! Such as: Combat shotgun, combat rifle, hunting rifle, etc. Curiously, Kellogs revolver does not cause any problems. So I'm not sure what could be causing this... but at least I can still use all my other weapons obtained from mods.

Figured it out, It only crashes when I hover over a vanilla weapon! Such as: Combat shotgun, combat rifle, hunting rifle, etc. Curiously, Kellogs revolver does not cause any problems. So I'm not sure what could be causing this... but at least I can still use all my other weapons obtained from mods.

are you using any weapon overhaul that affects the vanilla weapon?

Equilibrium / Weapon Balance Overhaul / weapon mods restored are few mods that come in mind which might cause this issue if they're badly installed or turn out to be conflicting with another mod

• 1 month later...
Hi hmguys i have the same provlem as the guy here whenever i try to acess weapon wokbench i get crash my load order is steady and stable shoudnt be any incopatibility but i using horizon though and have any other mod patch with it. But think is i also use alternite start start me up which isnt patch for horizon do you think that could be the issue ?

• 2 months later...

I have a same problem but when I trying to see vanilla weapons for scrap or improve them except pipe pistol in any upgrade of it game will close . it's weird because I don't have a same problem with mods gun like ak47 or ACR-W17 or . . .

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've recently solved similar issue and wanted to share it with you guys, it might work for you aswell.

After countless enable/disable mods accordingly to FO4Edit I managed to find ones that CTD my Fallout.

-Weapons Mods Mod (quite a few weapons, mostly 10mm, mod tries to snatch it to n99)

-Bison Shotgun (combat shotgun)

-Better Handmade Weapon Textures (pipe pistol/etc stuff) - also Optional Rustic addon

After complete uninstall everything works fine, no crashes, even with my 300+ mods installed, still needs some testing tough.

It was a real pain to play on survival, when you can't save the game and crash in most unexpected ways losing all your progress.

• 9 months later...