Smart Save for Survival and other difficultys too.

KrimZoneKeagan

Lately I've been trying to get into survival mode but the problem is I highly dislike that the way you have to save is by sleeping.

(now before you start going on how there's already a mod like this, I'm aware)

I think it would be cool if there were a mod that saved automatically for you in any difficulty but most importantly survival.

The way this mod would work is for one, it doesn't do quick saves, it does full on saves. The benefit of this is so if you want to go back it doesn't completely wipe your save, I'm not sure if this is possible.

The mod saves your game every time you, start a quest, complete a quest, come out of combat, or a new location is discovered. This means it's almost like checkpoints the player has to save at, instead of wiping hours of work because you didn't sleep it'll only wipe the current thing you were trying to do, almost like levels in a different game.

I'm assuming this mod is simple to make but I have no idea how to make mods. Thanks in advance! :laugh:

Edited by KrimZoneKeagan

• 1 month later...

So, basically, you want a mod like CASM for Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas :tongue:

I agree, I want also an auto saver manager mod like CASM. Especially for not Survival difficulties.

But I am not sure that a mod like this would be very well welcomed for survival difficulties. It breaks a bit the survival thing if you can automatically save everywhere anytime right?

I just wrote about this in another topic:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3374675-a-casm-just-like-fallout-nv/?p=56813151

I would also like to see a CASM alike mod for Fallout4.

The thing about CASM is that it is not just an Autosaver, it saves automatically the game when various ingame events happen.

For example, before a battle, when you pull up your gun, when you level up, when you find a new location, etc etc
and you can set a max amount of saves,, for example 30, and it saves in loop, so when you have 30 saves, the oldest file is erased for the newest one. Like that you wont have like me a 5gb save folder with more that 1.000 saves xD

Those are only the automatic saves, if you make a manual save you still can, and that one wont be erased..

A mod like this for Fallout 4 would be great! Even better if it could make auto saves during Workshop construction, or when entering and exiting Workshop mode, etc

But this mod is not as easy as just porting the old one with the new CK I think.. The events and the scripts have changed so it would be a little more complicated than that.