Net Neutrality - The End is the Beginning

TheMastersSon

If there's any silver lining to today's mass sellout of the American people by our fake FCC, it's that they and our president have publicly declared their status not only as illegitimate representatives of the people, but as traitors to our Constitution and country, by their transfer of control of internet traffic from the only place where it belongs, our FCC, to the FTC. One little letter is about to spell the end of the internet as we know it, and please kiss your free speech and other rights goodbye on the internet, temporarily.

So I'm grabbing the biggest box of popcorn I can find. Meanwhile please enjoy your limited site access, forced advertising, 56Kb download speeds for all file transfers (on a 50Mbps internet connection), banning of routers and all third-party DNS, and anything/everything else Comcast can think of to destroy the internet and cancel the new century. They now have free reign over our free speech and other constitutional rights, thanks to our fake president and our fake FCC. "The vote will be according to party lines."

Our FCC is chartered to be non-partisan and in the best interest OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, 93% of whom are opposed to elimination of net neutrality rules.

Simply stated and without exaggeration, our current FCC is therefore illegitimate and fake. Like our president and his administration.

Today we are officially and entirely disenfranchised from our own federal government, and our constitutional rights have been stripped from us by our own employees. Count the seconds before the lawsuits start flying. This one is not unrelated to net neutrality:

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/12/eff-court-accessing-publicly-available-information-internet-not-crime

Folks, attack me personally or whatever else for saying this, but somebody has to: this is nothing short of the establishment of institutionalized and legalized fascism in our country, thanks to Donald Trump and his Verizon shills who insist on pawning themselves off as our FCC commissioners. On what planet does our FCC, the only body who is and who should be responsible for common carrier communications traffic in our country, hand over control of our free speech and other constitutional rights to private industry?

Calling these people traitors is precisely accurate. If you take that or any of the above as a call to revolt, it's neither my fault nor responsibility. It's your own conscience screaming at you as a free American citizen. For me it's simply the absolute nadir of the necessary evolution for protection of internet traffic in our country, and I not only hope but pray this period is minimized in length by our courts, Congress, legal protests and other non-violent means. With 93% of the people against what our FCC has just done, I think another silver lining is that they've just driven the final nail into the coffin of the fake Republican machine that's been selling our country out since Nixon and Reagan, and continues to today as evidenced by our illegitimate and now fascist FCC. The person I pity most is Trump, history books will point to his specific actions that allowed this abomination from our FCC when tracing the roots of established and legalized fascism in our country.

We're anticipating eventual if not immediate denial of our current routing and third-party DNS for internet service, so we just called our only other possible alternative for it. "Sorry, we don't have internet service to your area." Thus our two and only two choices are Comcast or sell our home and move. Trump and our FCC call it consumer choice.

Edited by TheMastersSon

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, did you know the American people have already paid for an entire high-speed internet network in and for our country? We have every legal right to nationalize not only internet traffic as a national common carrier, but the network itself as well. It's something that imo we should keep in mind as this evolution process continues. It doesn't go backward, no matter how badly our former media establishment and their paid meat in our federal government wish it could. From my reading, the reason Trump's FCC handed over control of internet traffic (and our constitutional rights) to the FTC is that it was the only way to usurp control of net neutrality laws from the states. So again, calling it pure fascism is precisely accurate and in no way an exaggeration.

You must be really tired after writing all of that.

I suppose you are correct.

I'm one of the unlucky people, whose interest in getting a small business started, thought I might still make it happen. I added my name to the Net-Neutrality list so the FCC would enforce our wishes and make it so we had fast Internet Speeds.

Now I'm sure that the idea I lived with is out of my reach. I have no hope of becoming healthy enough, ever again. I won't even have a chance of becoming a father so I could think about starting a Father and Son business.

I remember a story??? Why??? It's so strange that one of the bedtime stories from my childhood has come to my mind at this time.

In the story the Mayor of the small town refused to pay the Pied Piper. The next thing the Mayor knew the Pied Piper played a new tune. All the parents froze in their doorways helplessly watching as all their children danced to the music. All the children danced excitedly away.

A crippled boy, like I feel now. He returned, Crying. All the children had danced away. They were too fast for him to keep up.

The little crippled boy cried and cried, "I saw the mountain open. (sob) A great cavern. (sob) All of us children danced toward it. (sob) The cavern closed before I reached it, (sob) before could get in."

They knew then that all their children were gone, their hopes and dreams for the future died.

The poor little cripple boy just couldn't move fast enough to keep up with the rest of the children. So his life was spent living with the elderly until he buried the very last one. And the truth about the little town of Hamelin was never to be known.

The Internet is the little boy I assume. Too slow to keep up with the rest of the children of the planet Earth.

If the U. S. A.'s people are so old they don't see that coming...

All this crippled man can think of to say is, "Goodbye all you little one's! Good bye!"

You must be really tired after writing all of that.

Much more will soon follow, and judging from the new notices we're getting today on many of our other sites, that express outrage and direct users to protest efforts, the same is true for something extremely close to 320 million other Americans. The FCC's decision today in the direct face of a 93% popular will against their decision is the most flagrant and vile act of abject treason in our 240 year history. As for your metaphorical delights I suggest you switch to indicas for a while. Sorry, that was harsh. But I generally suck at following metaphors, so when people have points to make I appreciate more direct forms of expression of them. It also saves a lot of time when reading online discussions.

I'll also go out on a short limb and predict history will eventually record that the specific action of our last FCC (under Obama), to correct the classification for internet traffic to its proper and actual status as a common carrier utility, was the key single step that led to the saving of the internet in our country. Because of their prior decision it will now be exponentially harder for Trump's FCC to legally justify their stripping of existing traffic protection, than it would have been to justify a simple continuation of the former status quo of no protection. So bravo and thanks again to them, in advance.

Edited by TheMastersSon

I ask that you pardon me for wanting to learn.

Why I am attracted to illuminations of various peoples words?

Unless I can do more with them then just see them as a light, when the words appear like the sun when it comes up upon the windows glass, and then just smash into the window pane like a moth trying to get outside' I may as well stop trying to comprehend and find reason in the words others have written; words about life.

Good night. I hope you will the things in your life to be the way that you want them to be; Need them to be, and that your purpose here ends up going the way you think it should be, and ends up fair for all of us who use the Internet to learn, earn, and live.

The crash and burn have begun:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/14/media/donald-trump-rupert-murdoch-disney-21st-century-fox/index.html

"Disney's $52.4 billion deal to acquire a significant portion of 21st Century Fox has earned the blessing of President Trump, though he reportedly first needed to be assured that Fox News wouldn't change hands."

This is the same president who's fighting AT&T's purchase of Time-Warner. Because AT&T is a common carrier, unlike Comcast and Disney. And because Trump has a longstanding and very public personal grudge against CNN.

When a government collapses, it's never partially. Thus our constitutional free speech rights and the fate of the internet are entirely dependent on whether Fox News changes hands and how Donald Trump feels about CNN.

Dear God almighty, end this obscene abomination. And by God I mean our courts and Congress. :)

Edited by TheMastersSon

The crash and burn have begun:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/14/media/donald-trump-rupert-murdoch-disney-21st-century-fox/index.html

"Disney's $52.4 billion deal to acquire a significant portion of 21st Century Fox has earned the blessing of President Trump, though he reportedly first needed to be assured that Fox News wouldn't change hands."

This is the same president who's fighting AT&T's purchase of Time-Warner. Because AT&T is a common carrier, unlike Comcast and Disney. And because Trump has a longstanding and very public personal grudge against CNN.

When a government collapses, it's never partially. Thus our constitutional free speech rights and the fate of the internet are entirely dependent on whether Fox News changes hands and how Donald Trump feels about CNN.

Dear God almighty, end this obscene abomination. And by God I mean our courts and Congress. :smile:

There is going to be a fight over this....... and the courts will most certainly be involved.

Personally of the two, I think Congress will need to fix the problem long-term. All our courts can do is point to existing law, which thanks to our prostituted Supreme Court claims internet traffic is an "information service". Whatever that might be, because the term is defined nowhere in our laws. Here on planet Earth, the internet is a two-way communications medium, that is now the single most popular and critical common carrier for private communications both in the U.S. and rest of the world. Our country is one of the few remaining industrialized countries on Earth that has yet to implement proper rights and other protection for internet traffic, and yesterday's outrageous stripping of common carrier status for this traffic by our fake FCC was a prerequisite for private industry's subjugation of our constitutional rights.

By all accounts and from recent photos of Trump he's beside himself with anger and resentment over the loss in Alabama of his child-molester pal Roy Moore a few days ago, so I guess he didn't think twice about waving his genitals at the American people to show us who's really boss. From North Korea (Trump just nixed Rex Tillerson's diplomacy efforts) to Israel he's been doing the same to the rest of the world since being appointed, excuse me I mean elected by our Electoral College. Apparently Tel Aviv is now and suddenly no longer the capital of Israel. Etc. Every day he occupies his office is another required set of redefinitions for incompetence, national and global embarrassment, war mongering and the exact opposite of national leadership.

At this point our federal government, the very people whose salaries we pay and offices we provide, stand as abject traitors to and active subjugators of our Constitution, instead of defenders and protectors of it. This is true almost regardless of issue, not just for the defense of our free speech and other constitutional rights for internet traffic, which have just been sold by our fake and illegitimate FCC. Again that's simply an observation, not a call to revolution. No need for a revolution exists when a government is already destroying itself from within. With regard to our Constitution our federal government has already failed, this is true from our borders and airports to our Google searches.

The issue of protection for internet traffic transcends both political party and partisanship, and if our Congress can't muster a veto-proof majority to fix the problem of predation of our rights by private industry, again with 93% of the American people in favor of net neutrality, Congress themselves are therefore illegitimate as true representatives of the people.

Trump's ties to and alliance with Rupert Murdoch and the oxymoron called Fox News will be his eventual legal downfall imo. When you give a set of amorals like Roger Ailes (RIP, regardless) and Karl Rove a national 24/7 broadcasting network of pure neoconservative and fascist propaganda that is allowed to call itself an objective news channel for 20+ years, this is what you get. Our constitutional rights are now and quite literally subject to how Donald Trump feels about CNN and the sale of Fox News.

Edited by TheMastersSon

Personally of the two, I think Congress will need to fix the problem long-term. All our courts can do is point to existing law, which thanks to our prostituted Supreme Court claims internet traffic is an "information service". Whatever that might be, because the term is defined nowhere in our laws. The internet is a two-way communications medium, that is now the single most popular and critical common carrier for private communications in the U.S. and the rest of the world. Our country is one of the few remaining industrialized countries on Earth that has yet to implement protection for internet traffic, and yesterday's outrageous stripping of common carrier status for this traffic by our fake FCC was a prerequisite for private industry's subjugation of our constitutional rights.

By all accounts and from recent photos of Trump he's beside himself with anger and resentment over the loss in Alabama of his child-molester pal Roy Moore a few days ago, so I guess he didn't think twice about waving his genitals at the American people and show us who's really boss. At least for now. He's been doing the exact same to rest of the world since being appointed by our Electoral College. Apparently Jerusalem is now and suddenly the official capitol of Israel. Etc. Every day he occupies his office is another required redefinition of incompetence and the exact opposite of leadership.

At this point our federal government, the very people whose salaries we pay and offices we provide, stand as abject traitors to and active subjugators of our Constitution, instead of defenders and protectors of it. This is true almost regardless of issue, not just for the defense of our free speech and other constitutional rights for internet traffic, which have just been sold by our fake and illegitimate FCC. Again that's simply an observation, not a call to revolution. No need for a revolution exists when a government is already destroying itself from within. With regard to our Constitution our federal government has already failed, this is true from our borders and airports to our Google searches.

The issue of protection for internet traffic transcends both political party and partisanship, and if our Congress can't muster a veto-proof majority to fix the problem of predation of our rights by private industry, again with 93% of the American people in favor of net neutrality, Congress themselves are therefore illegitimate as true representatives of the people.

Trump's ties to and alliance with Rupert Murdoch and the oxymoron called Fox News will be his eventual legal downfall imo. When you give a set of amorals like Roger Ailes (RIP, regardless) and Karl Rove a national 24/7 broadcasting network of pure neoconservative and fascist propaganda that is allowed to call itself an objective news channel for 20+ years, this is what you get. Our constitutional rights are now and quite literally subject to how Donald Trump feels about CNN and the sale of Fox News.

That has been the case for decades now. Roughly since the Supreme Court ruled on Citizens United.

Face it, we have the best government money can buy. It isn't just the dems, or just the repubbies though, it's ALL of them. They get their 170 and some change thousand dollar a year salary, (plus all the bennies and perks) yet somehow, after just one term, the dirt poor politician that got elected, is now a multi-millionaire.

Our government doesn't care about the people. They care about lining their pockets, and getting those big campaign contributions. The rest of us simply do not matter. And that should have been patently obvious for quite some time.