Net Neutrality - The End is the Beginning

TheMastersSon

After further reading of Thune's comments it's standard Republican deception and bald-faced lies. He's attempting to placate both sides by claiming he "wants net neutrality" -- but not Title II protection for internet traffic. What our FCC did in 2015, their proper recognition of internet traffic as a communications utility, and the resulting Title II protections, are the one and only thing that puts any legal teeth into FCC regulation of this traffic. Prior to 2015 the FCC had no authority to protect net neutrality, or authority to protect and defend our other rights for internet traffic. So Thune's ploy is pure deception and beyond reprehensible. He's not only a fascist traitor, he's a coward as well. Not surprising as these are usually found together in the same human vultures.

A public service message to him and all other Republicans: Proper classification of internet traffic and resulting proper Title II protection as a two-way and private communications network under jurisdiction of our FCC are non-negotiable. That's a period at the end. Anything less is precisely equal to imposed fascism and the gutting of our internet, as a private citizen and patriot American I declare that this orchestrated bald-faced treason will not succeed or stand as law in our country. It is the job of our elected officials to defend and protect our constitutional rights, not sell them to The Sinclair Group, Rupert Murdoch and Comcast.

How I wish it was five years from now, assuming our traitor in chief doesn't destroy the civilized world, when the internet is fully and properly protected exactly as our phone and mail networks, when Google have been legally divested of its search engine and Microsoft of Windows, and banishment of the rest of the former monopoly structure is complete. Of most significance is that cable/TV companies (who are now also our content producers) will be legally barred in our country from providing internet service to the general public, or will be required to divest internet service into new and completely separate companies. As wild as it sounds today, this is the only long-term inevitability. Because the only alternative is our current perpetual and blatant conflict of interest between the existing business (financial, political etc) interests of our cable/TV/media/NEWS/etc establishment and distributors, and the internet rights and access of the American people. If you're following what this same government is doing otherwise, and proposing to do with internet traffic, it's intentionally imposed fascism on specific behalf of this same establishment. They're attempting to make it a federal felony to bypass Geico and Big Pharma commercials. No joke. Consider it Orrin Hatch's final gift to Sinclair and Sony on his way to eternal damnation. Excuse me I mean retirement.

The internet must go through the exact same development progression as every other new communications medium that has been introduced in the last 240 years, from our newspapers to our telephones. What we're seeing today is the nadir of the abuse phase of this progression, where a handful of companies find themselves lords and masters of the technology, with global monopoly control over it. Last time it was "Ma" Bell, and if you don't know how they got the nickname you should look it up. They (and Comcast, Google, Microsoft etc) are not evil or evil people, it's simply the profit motive doing its thing and I personally have nothing against it. But what happens now is inevitable increasing abuse and even more inevitable public outrage and demand for protection of rights for the new medium. These Title II protections are the exact same ones that have protected our postal mail and phone networks since 1934, and they are the singular reason why the American people are greeted with a dial tone instead of Geico and Big Pharma commercials when they pick up a telephone. They are at least partially why our government must seek proper search warrants before civil judges before they can tap our phones or follow our postal mail. Etc. These Republican fascists have succeeded at stripping internet traffic of its proper and accurate classification as a communications network. When hospitals and countless millions of other Americans need to communicate on the internet, it automatically qualifies the medium as an essential communications network, not cable TV goddamn it, so Thune is another example (along with Pai) of someone who I imagine is leading a very stressful personal life these days. It must be hell explaining to your own familiy and friends why you just sold their constitutional rights to The Sinclair Group, Rupert Murdoch and Comcast. Are these people utterly without consciences or just brains?

Consider this: with the current near-total absence of objective journalism in our country, if our feds are successful at this rights repression for internet traffic, what options will remain for free and unfettered communication in our country? Are we supposed to go back to postal mail if we wish our privacy to be protected in our communications? That's why this Trump/Pai orchestrated treason is so utterly stupid imo, it's not in the best long-term interest EVEN OF THOSE WHO ARE FOISTING IT ON THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. As mentioned before this is in fact the first time in my six decades where I'm willing to go to the mat with my employees on an issue, and on behalf of either 83 or 93% of the American people, depending on which set of poll numbers one believes. Including, incidentally and in one poll, 75% of those who self-identified as conservative Republicans. Link furnished on request. So I'm personally not taking no for an answer on Title II protection. The internet has always been, is and can only be a two-way communications network, just as our phone and mail networks, and proper recognition of its traffic as such is the foundation required for any genuine legal protection of internet traffic. The Republicans know this better than any of us.

Edited by TheMastersSon

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Pai's decision isn't reversed it's because and only because no country remains to care about its former constitutional rights. Our president, a near majority of our Senate and apparently a majority of our House are now proven repressors of our rights and thus traitors to our Constitution, imo if we still had a country the Senate vote to reverse Pai's decision would have been 97 to 1. The issue simply transcends political party, partisanship and even ideology. 80% of the public comments this corrupted FCC received on the question of repealing net neutrality were bogus shills from the same machine responsible for the question in the first place. Future historians will be deservedly brutal to us imo. Edited by TheMastersSon

More horseshit from Traitor Thune:

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/net-neutrality-rescue-effort-is-exercise-in-futility-says-senator-john-thune/

He's about to learn what an exercise in futility is. With the first Democratic Congress this current charade is out the window, completely and permanently. And until then, regardless of what this federal government does, net neutrality isn't going anywhere right now: Comcast is obligated to it until September, Charter's legal obligation to net neutrality doesn't end until 2025 etc. Also I don't think he understands what grandstanding means, or if he does, he's admitting that even he knows Title II protections will be restored for internet traffic. What Ronald Reagan did at the Berlin Wall is the precise definition of grandstanding. David Bowie had more to do with the fall of the wall than Reagan did.

Edited by TheMastersSon

So I know this thread is a bit about something else, about american groups making everything just worse because of money instead of protecting, but I wish I could freely speak about games, criticize what I don't like about them without their paid PR or without crowd of hateful groups (mostly those, who were responsible for making those MMOs worse), attacking me or others. When I wrote something about certain MMos, some group started attacking me for my opinions, and the games I was playing, the same happened when I said something about Zenimax Online - they have very aggressive PR. And now all the propaganda with paid mods, where they call it drama, just to tear it down. I think before those hateful groups were connected to WOW and I don't know if it is coincidence that after some youtubers didn't like lootcrates in Overwatch, suddenly all games had them. Are there some gaming companies who are independent or why it looks like they do the same - I know that lootcrates are making money somehow, that was the main reason, but so does good marketing and user friendly behaviour ... And ofcourse the game has to be good.

And also strange thing is that it is very similar to groups like Gamersgate, who proclaim how they want high quality games and how they are right, but it looks like they are limiting freedom of others and generally they destroy games or features they don't like, but others could like them - so this is far away from freedom...

If they are on internet, then freedom is limited. And they are very aware of their strength in numbers. But I know I have a lot of conspiracy theories which didn't happen, but anyway I think this is a big problem in gaming industry now.

Our corporations actually lobbied the Republicans into proposing criminal laws against the public sharing of negative consumer product and customer service experiences. They didn't get away with it, obviously, but it's one more example of just how utterly disenfranchised we now are to our own federal government. These people are not just traitors, they are now proven fascist traitors, active enemies and destroyers of our Constitution and its rights. I'll say it one last time, the same document gives the American people not the right but the responsibility to forcibly remove and replace the lot of them by any means necessary. Who would have guessed "Better Dead Than Red" would eventually justify nationwide violent revolt against our own failed federal government? I sort of did. :) The silver lining if it happens is that the swamp will in fact be drained, and the will and best interests of the American people will once again be represented by our own paid employees in DC, instead of ignored and attacked by them. Our constitutional rights will be defended and protected and not sold to The Sinclair Group, Comcast and Rupert Murdoch. At least for a number of years, until human nature takes its toll as it always does, and the swamp needs draining again. Edited by TheMastersSon

Here's a glimpse of the other reason the current orchestrated effort to gut the internet in our country was doomed from the start:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/22/technology/mark-zuckerberg-european-parliament/index.html

He avoided all questions on data collection because frankly he's in big trouble on that issue. He gave the same performance in front of our own Senate. What his company did (and AFAIK still does) amounts to rape of user privacy (e.g. scanning user email and pushing advertising, "news" stories etc based on scanned results etc). This is absolutely no different than what "Ma" Bell started doing with our landline telephone traffic a century ago, and why the Communications Act of 1934 was necessary, written and passed by both major parties. When you allow private industry to use effective fascism and rape of privacy as its primary and easiest revenue models, lo and behold that's what will happen. Inevitably and regardless of industry.

The internet is a global private communications network and most of the world has already recognized and protected its traffic as such. If we don't, we can look forward to endless prosecutions for what U.S. ISPs, other private sites like Facebook and even our own government are currently allowed to get away with. Every one of us will look back in 20 years and literally cringe. IMO this is the nadir of the abuse phase for the internet's development in our country, or I sure hope it is. I can't imagine our federal courts will sign on to this orchestrated treason, or even could hope to do so for very long.

Edited by TheMastersSon

Here's a glimpse of the other reason the current orchestrated effort to gut the internet in our country was doomed from the start:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/22/technology/mark-zuckerberg-european-parliament/index.html

He avoided all questions on data collection because frankly he's in big trouble on that issue. He gave the same performance in front of our own Senate. What his company did (and AFAIK still does) amounts to rape of user privacy (e.g. scanning user email and pushing advertising, "news" stories etc based on scanned results etc). This is absolutely no different than what "Ma" Bell started doing with our landline telephone traffic a century ago, and why the Communications Act of 1934 was necessary, written and passed by both major parties. When you allow private industry to use effective fascism and rape of privacy as its primary and easiest revenue models, lo and behold that's what will happen. Inevitably and regardless of industry.

The internet is a global private communications network and most of the world has already recognized and protected its traffic as such. If we don't, we can look forward to endless prosecutions for what U.S. ISPs, other private sites like Facebook and even our own government are currently allowed to get away with. Every one of us will look back in 20 years and literally cringe. IMO this is the nadir of the abuse phase for the internet's development in our country, or I sure hope it is. I can't imagine our federal courts will sign on to this orchestrated treason, or even could hope to do so for very long.

Any expectation of privacy on the internet is a delusion. Nothing is private.

Any expectation of privacy on the internet is a delusion. Nothing is private.

And thank God that simply saying things does not make them so. The simple truth is, as a law-abiding U.S. citizen you have a right to free speech and private communication free from government repression of these rights. It's true from your internet communication to your postal mail and telephone calls. For the last time, if you don't understand or respect your own inherent, God-given rights and freedoms as a human being you might as well move to a country where these rights aren't recognized. Your defeatist attitude and errant claims are precisely how the German people woke up one day and found their federal government altogether destroyed.

Edited by TheMastersSon