Net Neutrality - The End is the Beginning

TheMastersSon

HeyYou, I started this thread not to whine but as a legal boss of our own federal employees, as the one who's financially and morally responsible for their behavior as an elected representative, as well as the one who furnishes both their offices and salaries. In our country every one of us is personally responsible for all of this. My point is, outright disenfranchisement is not sustainable forever in a free democracy, and yesterday's decision by our fake FCC was the purest example of absolute disenfranchisement, not to mention treason we've seen in our federal government's 240-year history. Bar none except for Richard Nixon's "opening the gate to China" in 1971, which destroyed both our economy and those of most other free countries.

Pick a topic, any topic, and look at the chasm of disparity between current federal law and the reality of today's America. It's true from our foreign policy, which now consists of starvation via economic sanctions followed by military invasion, to our federal immigration and drug laws. Our DEA to this day still has cannabis on the same restriction schedule as heroin, even though the former is now entirely legal in entire states. In this case nothing else remains to be done except to correct the federal law, and nobody in our Congress is either able or willing to do so. Rinse and repeat no matter what the issue might be, the will of the American people is no longer represented by our federal government, and the relationship between the two over the years has grown to be largely if not entirely adversarial. The best interests of the people have not been truly represented by our federal government since 1970, and I state that as a provable objective fact and not an opinion.

Edited by TheMastersSon

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HeyYou, I started this thread not to whine but as a legal boss of our own federal employees, as the one who's financially and morally responsible for their behavior, as well as the one who furnishes both their offices and salaries. In our country every one of us is personally responsible for all of this. My point is, outright disenfranchisement is not sustainable forever in a free democracy, and yesterday's decision by our fake FCC was the purest example of absolute disenfranchisement, not to mention treason we've seen in our federal government's 240-year history. Bar none except for Richard Nixon's "opening the gate to China" in 1971, which destroyed both our economy and those of most other free countries.

Trouble is, we do it to ourselves. Even though we know for a fact that these guys are all crooks, we continue to re-elect them. We have no one to blame but ourselves. Individually, we have some pretty smart people in this country, taken collectively though, we got nothin' on a box of rocks.

And, the system is stacked in such a way that we can't fix it. The only folks that actually have the power to change anything, are the very same folks that benefit the most from not changing anything at all. This is why we will never see Real election reform, or campaign finance reform, or term limits for congress.

For the most part, I agree with you. Free trade agreements are NOT good for the average american, but, they ARE good for top 5% or so... so they pass. Tax deductions for your private jet, or yacht, benefit no one but the rich. (personally, I am thinkin' that if you can afford one, or the other, or both..... then you really don't NEED the tax break......) As I said before, our government isn't in business to help america, they are in business to help themselves. That's it.

HeyYou, the self-victimization pit is bottomless. I prefer solutions (e.g. see my list of suggestions for net neutrality in the Google thread) to endless restatement of the problems. You're absolutely right about human nature being self-serving, what I'd like to know is how the traitors who currently call themselves our FCC can face their own families and friends. Assuming they have any. Isn't anyone explaining to or at least reminding these people what exactly is being sacrificed for endless forced Geico commercials? Oh wait, never mind. Because MILLIONS of Americans did just that and it made jack squat of a difference to the corporate profit motive.

Again, in 240 years nobody has ever found a third alternative when new communications technologies are introduced. The traffic must either be protected or it will -- with absolute certainty -- eventually be lost in any usable form to this profit motive. Not that anything is wrong with the motive itself, which is where I part ways with many or maybe most of my establishment-1%-5%-etc-ad-nauseam hating brethren. The problem and only problem imo is a lack of proper protection of our constitutional rights for internet traffic, which were stripped and subjugated to private industry yesterday by our FCC.

Edited by TheMastersSon

I'm glad someone else brought up the Third Reich analogy before I did. Just earlier today I was trying to think of any substantive differences at this point and the only thing I could think of was gas chambers. If you've ever seen a waterboarding staging area it's far scarier than a bunch of showerheads. That's what our Gestapo uses at Gitmo and our other concentration camps. Edited by TheMastersSon

Unfortunately France also looks more and more like the 3rd Reich, it's scary.

Fear is infinite and therefore infinitely powerful, regardless of one's nationality. Read a book from CATO called "Terrorizing Ourselves". And this is our country's right wing talking not our left. The war on terror at least in our country has become a permanent political football for our politicians, regardless of party, who have discovered a perpetually and intentionally frightened electorate is also a very quiet and obedient one. Add one more remarkable analogy to Nazi Germany.

I feel like Jay Leno, (just having fun) talking to the people he hand picked out, (because he wouldn't talk to anyone likely to cause trouble) off the streets to do an interview to prove how stupid the average American adult is about the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, and who was the first President of the United State.