Net Neutrality - The End is the Beginning

TheMastersSon

How's your home life? Is your family okay? Will you be able to get through the tough times ahead? Do you need any assistance from the local Veteran's Hospital? Would you like the number of the Crisis Line for Veterans?

I hope you have a Dry (no alcoholic beverages; especially if you're taking medication) Merry Christmas and Dry (no alcoholic beverages; especially if you're taking medication) Happy New Year.

I asked a member of the group I was a team member with the question. Have you been sober a year yet. He replied, that he isn't angry. No comment because I asked him in an eMail. I think he's afraid that someone will find out whether he is attending the meetings that always seem to be strongest for the weak when the really hard times are tempting them to drink alcoholic beverages!

The drug Alcohol. Alcohol is a chemical.

I hope your family and friends all have a Merry Christmas!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately France also looks more and more like the 3rd Reich, it's scary.

Fear is infinite and therefore infinitely powerful, regardless of one's nationality. Read a book from CATO called "Terrorizing Ourselves". And this is our country's right wing talking not our left. The war on terror at least in our country has become a permanent political football for our politicians, regardless of party, who have discovered a perpetually and intentionally frightened electorate is also a very quiet and obedient one. Add one more remarkable analogy to Nazi Germany.

In a country where any politician can work for a company and any boss can do politics, where all the medias are either controlled by the state or the companies and where those who serve the rich the most receive the biggest funds for their campaigns all the parties are right-winged and more or less fascist.

As for the terrorists, the worst ones ; that heap of slavers and public poisoners who lead our companies are never even depicted as terrorists despite the thousands innocents they assassinate every year with their petroleum fuels, carcinogenic additives and clothes filled with solvents.

The concentration of powers and the right-wing cancer that inexorably goes with it are slowly killing us.

Edited by Oblivionaddicted

Regarding the American people this is not an us-vs-them issue. It's Comcast, Sony and Disney against 320 million free Americans, who up until two days ago had a free and open internet.

This FCC decision cannot and will not stand. Regardless of left wing or right wing, Republican or Democrat, if our Congress and/or courts fail to act to defend and protect our rights, they are accomplices to treason and will be treated as such.

The problem I have with this issue and the current FCC that is that they are removing these laws and replacing them we a very vague one that basically says that an ISP has the right to do whatever they want and the only requirement is that they tell me that they are going to do it.They are even attempting to to prevent the states from enforcing rules upon ISP's enforcing net neutrality should they feel the need to do so. There needs to be clear cut laws that say what they can or can not do, the FCC under Obama was at least attempting to do that that is not the case with the current one.

The other thing that bothers me is how quickly Ajit Pai the current head of the FCC and his associates are trying to push this through and how quickly some of the ISP's(Comcast) changed their views on the idea of the open internet when the vote came back in their favor. I normally don't get involved with things like this or believe the outcry's of doom and glum that are normally associated with topics like this. I try to keep a optimistic view on matters but from what I have read about the subject has me worried enough to voice my opinion to my local Representative with the hopes that they will step up to the plate an come up with some clear cut laws that protect the consumer from these corporations that seem to feel they have the right to control the information hwy.

On a side note I do know one thing if my ISP attempts to block my access to Nexus they are losing a customer !!!!! :tongue:

According to a spot check of our regular news sites, the story of the greatest fascist power grab by our government in 240 years has disappeared entirely. It took a single day.

The bottom line is, I hope our federal government realizes what it has just done and what the inevitable response will be from the American people. Every day they ignore this decision by Trump's FCC, and fail to either fix the problem or at least announce their intentions to do so, is critical to their continued existence as a government. 300 million angry Americans have just had their constitutional rights and a free and open internet stripped from them by a trumped FCC and their fellow abject traitor supporters in our Congress. The only explanation I can think of is that this is Trump's way of bringing down the same government he has proven entirely incompetent to lead. Time is of the essence here and I can only hope our federal government knows this.

Edited by TheMastersSon

Today's fascist abomination, here in the Land of the Free and courtesy of our traitor fake president? Our CDC is now no longer allowed to use the word transgender in their reports. And six other truly vile words like diversity and vulnerable. No I'm not kidding:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/16/health/cdc-banned-words/index.html

By far the most interesting banned word is fetus. You know, those blobs of cells inside women's bodies that now and outrageously enjoy full 14th Amendment equal protection rights in Kansas. The people at our CDC who're involved with fetal research are now trying to figure out how to write their reports without using the very subject word of their reports. And after a half century I'm still trying to understand how a fetus can have any constitutional protections while it's still entirely dependent on its mother. Or in other words it's not Mike Pence and our pope who must bear the pains of pregnancy and childbirth, it is women, and as long as that is true it is women and only women who decide whether their fetuses live or die.

This outright fascism in the CDC is beyond madness and it can't last much longer imo. I dread the results if it does. IMO once again the good Lord has provided the American people a silver lining to this traitor abomination that insists on calling himself our president, it's that the current forced implementation of the neocon/radical right/fake Christian/etc agenda (it's moreless the same agenda) is being overseen by a literally raging incompetent. I think it will cause the inevitable (impeachment or more likely resignation imo) with Mr. Trump to happen sooner rather than later. And the sooner the better.

Edited by TheMastersSon

I think it's time this Ajit Pai's taxes and finances get closely scrutinized by the FBI for suspicion of sedition.

There is a matter of the the fraudulent replies that were received before the vote was cast and the fact that he ignored request from a representative who asked him to delay the vote . I am actually hoping that as this debate continues that evidence of fraudulent behavior will show he is in the pocket of one of these Isp (Comcast I suspect) and that everything he has done will come crashing down around him.

I just can help but feel Ajit Pai and Michael O’Rielly the other commissioner who voted for repeal have an agenda that they are hiding from everyone but only time will tell.

Ajit Pai is an industry shill from Verizon, who was appointed by Trump primarily for this specific decision and this continued campaign by the Senator from Sony, excuse me I mean Orrin Hatch and the other perpetually reelected traitor whores in our Congress to destroy both the internet and popular expectation of protected constitutional rights for internet traffic in our country. They are the purest and most brazen abject traitors to our Constitution in our country's history.

Our Republican-led House of Representatives was banned from Wikipedia because of intentional article vandalism by Republican staffers. Is there something else anyone needs to know about our current federal government? It's been dead and simply awaiting final burial since 1971. We've finally arrived at the final burial part methinks. If we haven't arrived I sure wish someone would at least Febreeze the corpse.

Edited by TheMastersSon

According to a spot check of our regular news sites, the story of the greatest fascist power grab by our government in 240 years has disappeared entirely. It took a single day.

We live in an age of censorship and propaganda. It is especially apparent when looking at daily news headlines, you can see what stories disappear quickly and which ones hang around forever, or are regurgitated every other week and presented as new when they are already months old.

It goes hand in hand with the surveillance state that was revealed to you by Edward Snowden. It is probable that repealing net neutrality is just another step in the lock down. I think it is unlikely that Trump is calling the shots, I doubt if he is even vaguely aware of what he is really doing. I think you are giving him far too much credit for competence.

If you want to assign blame, the most recent manifestation of the boogeyman was Osama bin Laden and 9/11.

Americans may be disadvantaged in this struggle. You've been brainwashed told from an early age to believe you are free people living in a free country. Yes of course you are free, we are all free people... living in a time when freedom has become an Orwellian Word.