Does Anybody Know About Talktable/Namehash?

svartalfimposter

My mod is coming up with a random line (could be text from the codex or dialogue) from the talktable because I changed the name of a hat recipe from;

[0001C385] Dwarven Helmet

to

The One Hat in the talktable editor in ModMaker. Here is the mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/mods/1967?tab=description

I tried importing this line as an XML file instead (I put 3 spaces at the end so it's the same length as "Dwarven Helmet"
<entry><id>0001C385</id><text>The One Hat </text></entry>

But this crashed ModMaker.

I couldn't understand how the hashname works, and didn't change it - I suspect this is the problem, so I need some information on it, I've literally got NOTHING to go on. Tirnoney's guide, which I have used for all my other information, says only that the game uses it to refer to the talktable, but I found no entries that say anything like NameHash : C32FE609. Even the format is different from the data I've examined.

I couldn't find anything on the internet about NameHash.

Is there anybody around who knows anything about such things please?

Edited by svartalfimposter

UPDATE:

I've had a go at using oldschool tools to do the same edit: I followed this guide,

but I get this crash at the click "Make MOD" stage (no file is created).

siQ3Akq.jpg

I still haven't found ANYTHING ANYWHERE about NameHash. It's as though it's some big secret that's been wiped off the internet ...

Edited by svartalfimposter

I'm still extremely interested in how NameHash and the Talkttable work, but for now I have gone back to the original name of the schematic.

"Dwarven Helmet" doesn't look half as cool as "The One Hat", but;

• it fixes my issues with the Talktable - the entirety of which was saved as part of the Daimod in the original version of the mod, making it a 2.5Mb download instead of it's now much more reasonable 67k,
  • it means that any mod that edits Talktable entries doesn't get overwritten by my mod if placed above it in the load order,
  • it fixes the issue with the suggested name being a random line from the talktable.