[Illustrated] Helmet Ideas Using In-Game Assets

starclaps

I'll attach my sketches (simply done. I can do much more detailed versions.) to this post. Hopefully the file size allows my writing to be legible.

Basically I just doodled 3 ideas for cool helmets using assets that were already in-game. I'm not a modder, so this would just be for someone looking for an idea. Though, I do have experience with 3d modeling, it's not on-par with what it would take to make a Fallout 4 mod. Anyways, the helmets:

1: A medusa-style helmet for either regular wear or power armor, using the ever-present red hydrant seen throughout the game. I had this idea almost as soon as I started playing Fallout.

2: A trash-inspired heavy helmet for regular use (non-power-armor). I imagined like, what if, every once in awhile you stumbled upon a scavver that had really put the time and effort into what he does. They would be like a legendary enemy.

3: This idea was sortof inspired by the raider with the chems strapped to his head. I thought it'd be cool of there was one that had rigged a blood-drinking mechanism to his head, which deposits the blood in a blood-pack behind his head, then feeds into a stim pack that is permanently imbedded into his skull. This one is a bit more far-fetched, but I thought 3 was a good number of sketches if I were to make a post on the forums.

I have an official gallery with actual art on it here, if you are interested: http://julienjmmanuel.weebly.com/

Edited by starclaps

These are nice, yes.

Why just helmets, though? I'm imagining a whole suit of power armor now, made of pluming. Pieces of fire hydrants for pauldrons, more pipes welded to the limbs, a manhole cover on the chest, stuff like that.

The trash guy could use pieces of the bin for the rest of the armor as well. Maybe another lid mounted to the left arm as a shield.

Not sure where exactly you were going with the vampire guy. Insane blood-sucking raiders based in a hospital?

I'm thinking: a plague doctor/scarecrow combination. A long cloak made out of old, rough cloth as "armor". With a weapon consisting of surgical scalpels affixed to a glove.

Or, just a creepy scarecrow? A suit made of badly-made sack cloth, and he has a meat hook in each hand.

I'd design armor if someone asked me to for a mod, but otherwise i just enjoy helmets more.

For the vampires I was going for something Albert-pyun-esque, with his movie "knights" abotu blood-sucking vampires after the apocalypse. Basically they take blood instead of eating food or something. While plague doctors are neat, I do feel like it's a bit overdone. There's tons of plaguedoctor mods already on the nexus.