Potions Replacer trouble

yami970

I normally use the steam workshop for modding skyrim for ease of use, but when I heard of the potions replacer mod from Loverslab I knew I wanted to try it. Problem is, there are no instructions for installing the mod. I'm trying to use NMM as from what I have read it makes it easier. It recognizes the files but they don't show up in game. The only time the mod partially worked it caused potions bottles to either turn invisible or be textured solid blue, though I'm not sure how I got it to that stage and have been unable to replicate it.

Anyone else know of this mod and how to install in properly?

I'm tearing my damn hair out at this point!

Edited by yami970

For NMM, it would be best to repackage this mod before installing it.

1. Make a new, empty folder called "Data" on your desktop (or wherever you like) and open it.
  2. Open PotionsReplacer.7z using 7-zip.
  3. Go into "00-Core" and extract "meshes" and "textures" into the "Data" folder. Drag and drop works.
  4. Go back one folder and then into "01-Vanilla" (or "01-Requiem 1.7" if you're using Requiem) and extract Potions.esp into the "Data" folder.
  5. Right-click on the "Data" folder and create a 7-zip file out of it (7-Zip > Add to "Data.7z").
  6. Rename Data.7z to "Potions Replacer NMM.7z".
  7. Install it with NMM.

It's a lot easier with MO. Just install and select "Yes" to install as a BAIN installer, and then select 00-Core and one of the 01- options.

• 6 months later...

1. Make a new, empty folder called "Data" on your desktop (or wherever you like) and open it.
  3. Go into "00-Core" and extract "meshes" and "textures" into the "Data" folder. Drag and drop works.
  4. Go back one folder and then into "01-Vanilla" (or "01-Requiem 1.7" if you're using Requiem) and extract Potions.esp into the "Data" folder.
  5. Right-click on the "Data" folder and create a 7-zip file out of it (7-Zip > Add to "Data.7z").
  7. Install it with NMM.

It's a lot easier with MO. Just install and select "Yes" to install as a BAIN installer, and then select 00-Core and one of the 01- options.

I don't think you know how NMM works, because adding a mod from file doesn't mean "oh all the files are in one place we're good to go" instead NMM just stares blankly back at you while it just keeps opening the folders to 00potions

Edited by Cmydagger

• 1 month later...

7. Install it with NMM.

I don't think you know how NMM works, because adding a mod from file doesn't mean "oh all the files are in one place we're good to go" instead NMM just stares blankly back at you while it just keeps opening the folders to 00potions

Actually I just did this and it worked perfectly, patching had to be done beforehand as to not confuse NMM but other than that NMM bases the file locations on the name of the folder. SO this should work for everyone