Third Person Aiming Animation Glitch (with mods)

Arimese

Hello, I am looking for help to solve an animation bug that I am experiencing in Skyrim. My character (as in, the Dragonborn) tracks when aiming in third person. By this, I mean that when I have a weapon drawn, whether a bow or a sword, when looking up and down in third person the torso of my character follows. In the vanilla game, this is not the case. The Dragonborn only tracks if an arrow is knocked. In the vanilla game, the Dragonborn will remain facing directly forward if the bow is drawn and will not track the aiming recticle until the arrow is knocked.

I am currently running the following plugins in the following load order:

(This load order has been copied from LOOT)

0 0 Skyrim.esm

1 1 Update.esm

2 2 Dawnguard.esm

3 3 HearthFires.esm

4 4 Dragonborn.esm

5 5 Falskaar.esm

6 6 noelementalfury.esp

7 7 northborn fur hoods.esp

8 8 OpenFaceGuardHelmets.esp

9 9 Duel - Combat Realism.esp

10 a cleaner_castlevolkihar3.esp

11 b sos - the wilds.esp

12 c amazingfollowertweaks.esp

13 d sos - civilization.esp

14 e sos - the dungeons.esp

15 f allessentialnpcs.esp

16 10 stavesofskyrim.esp

17 11 thedomain.esp

18 12 MidasSkyrim.esp

19 13 staffs.esp

20 14 lanterns of skyrim - villages.esp

21 15 sheogorath_shout.esp

22 16 armored-horses.esp

23 17 masteroftime.esp

24 18 The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp

25 19 mage robe hoods.esp

26 1a calyps-razorarmor.esp

27 1b arrowsstick.esp

28 1c disintegratingaxe.esp

29 1d enchantmentcleanser.esp

30 1e barenziahquestmarkers.esp

31 1f wieldablelantern.esp

32 20 SkyUI.esp

33 21 undyingcompanions.esp

34 22 poisondestruction.esp

35 23 the dance of death.esp

36 24 magnus v3.0.esp

37 25 banditseyepatch.esp

38 26 light_spell_changes_5min.esp

39 27 warchiefarmor.esp

40 28 vanguardarmor.esp

41 29 dr_bandolier.esp

42 2a spelllumen.esp

43 2b werewolffix.esp

44 2c craftable vampire armors.esp

45 2d smithyfix.esp

46 2e auto unequip ammo.esp

47 2f LeftHandRings.esp

48 30 vampire_sword_addsheath.esp

49 31 telefrag.esp

50 32 grip.esp

51 33 magnusmaximus.esp

52 34 imperialrobes.esp

53 35 smpsmithuniqueweapons.esp

54 36 stormcloakrobes.esp

55 37 improvedskaalleathers.esp

56 38 dthkhajargtailremoverclothes.esp

57 39 hands of magnus.esp

58 3a HeartBreaker.esp

59 3b LPBards.esp

60 3c dragonbornallessentialnpcs.esp

61 3d lozenge s145 shortsword.esp

62 3e custom family home.esp

63 3f dlc2_championswarhammertemper.esp

64 40 drakul armor.esp

65 41 medusa armor.esp

66 42 solidifywaterspell.esp

67 43 Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package (Workshop).esp

68 44 CWRS.esp

69 45 Apocalypse - The Spell Package (Workshop).esp

70 46 the void walker.esp

71 47 faction crossbows.esp

72 48 elementalfuryenchanting.esp

73 49 no racail power cooldown.esp

74 4a FNIS.esp

75 4b dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

76 4c XPMSE.esp

77 4d Dual Sheath Redux.esp

78 4e Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp

I have run FNIS for Users program with the following patches:

"GENDER Specific Animations"

"SKELETON Arm Fix"

Here is a link to screenshots of the error: https://imgur.com/a/leSmE

The final picture in that gallery shows the proper aiming, the character bends his torso when an arrow is knocked to the bow.

I greatly appreciate any support I can get and provide any more information that is required.

Thank you so much.

Excerpt from the FNIS instructions:

Bug Fixes

FNIS Behaviors incorporate the following bug fixes for vanilla Skyrim (without the need for the user to actively do anything):

• Proper Spell Cast Direction fix by Staff of Flames: a person bends his spine backwards when he is aiming towards something flying in the sky(a dragon, for example). This natural posture happens to all NPCs in Skyrim and to the player when he is using a bow, but not when the player is using magic. NOTE: FNIS implements PSCD WITHOUT arm, hand and neck twist as it is included in the PSCD mod. Certain types of animations, including bow and animobject animations don't work well with this type of twist.

What you see is an implication of that fix.

Excerpt from the FNIS instructions:

Bug Fixes

FNIS Behaviors incorporate the following bug fixes for vanilla Skyrim (without the need for the user to actively do anything):

• Proper Spell Cast Direction fix by Staff of Flames: a person bends his spine backwards when he is aiming towards something flying in the sky(a dragon, for example). This natural posture happens to all NPCs in Skyrim and to the player when he is using a bow, but not when the player is using magic. NOTE: FNIS implements PSCD WITHOUT arm, hand and neck twist as it is included in the PSCD mod. Certain types of animations, including bow and animobject animations don't work well with this type of twist.

What you see is an implication of that fix.

Is it possible to install this patch on top of my current load order without any problems. I assume I will have to run FNIS after installing this patch.

Also, there are multiple files on the mod page for Proper Spell Cast Direction. Which one is appropriate to download?

Thank you for your help.

Is it possible to install this patch on top of my current load order without any problems. I assume I will have to run FNIS after installing this patch.

Also, there are multiple files on the mod page for Proper Spell Cast Direction. Which one is appropriate to download?

Thank you for your help.

You misunderstand. This fix is already integrated into FNIS. You cannot have a mod besides FNIS that modifies the same behavior files.

Thank you for your help.

You misunderstand. This fix is already integrated into FNIS. You cannot have a mod besides FNIS that modifies the same behavior files.

So, I can only fix this by determining what mods are conflicting their animations with FNIS?

So, I can only fix this by determining what mods are conflicting their animations with FNIS?

You can only "fix" this by not using FNIS. FNIS has a fix included that is called "Proper Spell Cast Direction", as I said before. But the side-effect is what you are experiencing.

Which btw I would not call a "glitch". It is just different from what you know from vanilla Skyrim. But so (different) is EVERYTHING what FNIS includes.