[LE] Need help with NPC dual wielding

I am attempting to create a follower mod at the request of a friend. I am fairly new to modding in general, so forgive me if I'm not entirely familiar with the different AI classes, combat styles, etc.

My friend specifically requested that this character dual wield imperial swords. I have added two such swords to the Actor's inventory (and verified this in-game), and modified the combat style to allow for dual wielding, but the character isn't equipping the second sword.

I've tried copying existing dual-wielding combat styles, like the Forsworn berserker, to no avail.

Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Edited by JigsawTheTechnophile

I've had trouble with this in the past too but never really found it important enough to delve into the problem. There is a setting under the actor's Inventory Tab called Geared Up Weapons that can be changed to 2, but according to the wiki it isn't used in Skyrim. You can also try replacing the imperial swords with other weapons (iron daggers, forsworn axes, etc) and see if it makes the slightest difference. But it really should be defined in the combat style, afaik.

I've had trouble with this in the past too but never really found it important enough to delve into the problem. There is a setting under the actor's Inventory Tab called Geared Up Weapons that can be changed to 2, but according to the wiki it isn't used in Skyrim. You can also try replacing the imperial swords with other weapons (iron daggers, forsworn axes, etc) and see if it makes the slightest difference. But it really should be defined in the combat style, afaik.

Tried changing weapons to steel daggers and forsworn axes. Character still only pulls out one.

I have a follower that dual wields, he only uses one sword apart from when in combat. When we enter combat he uses both swords but he seems to prefer only holding one at times, like when strolling around town or so. I copied the forsworn berserker stuff for him and it works fine for me :) To clarify; he dual wields but doesn't walk around holding two swords at all times.

I have a follower that dual wields, he only uses one sword apart from when in combat. When we enter combat he uses both swords but he seems to prefer only holding one at times, like when strolling around town or so. I copied the forsworn berserker stuff for him and it works fine for me :smile: To clarify; he dual wields but doesn't walk around holding two swords at all times.

That worked. Thanks!
Edited by JigsawTheTechnophile