High quality procedural weapons and armor

SomeLazyBoi

I’m planning add variants to ever weapon tier of the game and add unique effects for each material type.

I know a mod that does roughly that but if you try to match all the weapons with all of their materials you end up with a huge amount of assets to make and nobody have time to spend to make each item look like as good as they should.

So, what is my solution for it?

Each weapon tir will have its very own procedure and may even have unique maps and passes. There is an example of how it should look like one of the software inputs/output.

1. I will make each weapon high poly meshes.
  2. bake the normal map to vanilla meshes.
  3. separate the base meshes by pieces and classify then using the name or vertex color by what will processed by Houdini fx and how.
  4. make a procedural modeling of each weapon tier unique aspects in houdini fx. (im pretty rusty in houdini but i'll learn it again)
  5. create tier based reusable smart materials in substance painter/design.
  6. create a id map for each possible combination. mostly using the paint bucket tool.
  7. batch all the models/textures.
  8. add them to the game.
  9. create leaved lists that the most exotic the weapon are rarer it is to find.
  10. add some hand picked ones to specified locations of the game.
  11. if possible: upgrade the crafting system to better accommodate the weapons variants (you chose the weapon that you want to create then the material like the enchantment system).

Sem_T_tulo-3.jpg

Edited by SomeLazyBoi