Yet another CTD thread

thejtgamer

Had some time today to test around a bit. Some older threads were saying they had varying success with entering the player.kill command and during the session I launched the game and entered the command I was able to save. After this I exited my session and relaunched the game to run into the problem again. This has my hopes up pretty high, it appears there is some fix as odd as it is. I wouldn't mind entering in player.kill every session to have a working game personally but I can't say for sure how long that would be effective for and looking at the bigger picture I'm sure it would be really useful to see what the real issue would be here is. Going to wait 31 ingame days indoors w/o any items in my inventory to reset the world cells and see how that goes. Will try to keep this thread updated with the progress!

I think I've managed to find a good fix. I played around more with the player.kill command and play tested for about 7 hours spread across 3 days and have not run into the problem at all. I entered in the command each time I loaded in and went about playing the game to eventually just not run into the problem. I believe it has been fixed, I would really be interested into understand this particular problem though. May update the thread with more info about it if I can find anything valuable about it at all. Thank you all again though for helping me with this issue! It was really frustrating and now I can get back to enjoying my game.

• 3 years later...

I have similar issues. I have start a lot of play, but never get to a point of finishing. I believe my load order is quite stable since it have being fixing over 3 years. However, it always have radon bug- even with the same setup, bug location are not the same. On my last play(I think is the most stable yet for me jugging from the crash to desktop), I have removed 2 conflicting in the merge, and last save is one undefined instincts with zero unattached threads without script cleaner, but it has a bug already in there. It is where essential npc get beating to death(that soul become non-killable with both kill or set-health-to-zero)-- since it cant die, he is doing his usual, and when I pass the area global-gold-scrip is activating that actor again and again which increase in undefined threads and save-file- size, and also where follower mod can't register(need perfectional testing, I am just a player)-( I stand there, open the console and wait in-game for the scrips to run off. Guess what, save increase from 17M-to-over-100M. Scrip cleaner also fail too. I notice scrip-cleaner loading bar run many time and inform need to built tree. in the end, error massage. So I guess it should load only 2time no-matter a save file size). My monitoring tool is "ReSaver.exe". Actually, I never see he get kill or It shouldn't be any activity on the point I am. Yes, I have over 900s mods and after merge 180-181 plugins active. I have 16g v-ram, 2 cpu, and never over-heat, and it never use more than 17% to the point where the game max limit at.

First undefined instance(I think is global scrip on me), which I first got to Riverwood. Since it is new game and only one, I pass for cleaning. When got to Riften, if G-the-kind is outside the courtyard for day-care, it is only one undefined instance. If inside it will be 2.I got threats after there. Node that I have pre-cleaned the b4 built up threads.

I use (SafeAutoSave-"Autosaves the game in configurable time intervals, but not during conditions that may lead to crashes or annoying pauses." Got it reading skyrim revisiting guide, no save on bodies swept, also pause while saving. I set to manual save. My log on save should be .005-.006s. On .004, I think will have some missing file and .007 is if no choice. Don't want to miss the save. On reboot=loading and saving is different. I do 2 save and quit.) (Immersive HUD - iHUD -- howlong the cross hair disappear is how far the object from u.) ( BorderSense- u really in the zone when u teleport. that include changing cell wh the game say-so) (A Matter of Time - A HUD clock widget--for me, time represent objects threads movement, day/night cycle to environment that include day-pass, moon-dale--if every thing is wrong in cell u in, it will turn full-moon when u wait in console for the scrips to run off. So if U see this running crazy, the cell U in has very bad undefined threads.) (FloppySOS & related from loverlab== that balls is crazy exactly know where the threads are. I suck back undefined threads from a lot of area.) (SexLabFramework & SLA Monitor Widget and all those relatives, and also Ideal animation == give me inside knowledge on the position for my character. From SexLabFramework, I know where my character at and when(the act put u and ur interactiver the same cell). Also from SLA Monitor Widget--I never see his master in action, but from him I study me and partner go back/forward through time to get closer while in the same cell--meaning time-dimensional-cross. Eg. When U enter the room people shifting, teleporting. Follower spinning in spot -actually he/she is coming to u from the blackhole.) Things get wrong starting from that point. I don't know how the game defragmentation engine handle.

Does a game has radon predefined set up when starting a new game or other cause? Whenever I start a new game, one of my mod follower in Whiterun move out to Temple of Mara in Riften. But again if I recall, one follower moved to Riften-dock, and when I clear up the quests in Whiterun, she move back to where she should be. On my last play, I fix my merge, and a lot of followers march to Riften. I have no current follower. Later, I find out I need navmesh rebuilt on I don't remember which log. My save on that game is 90M. Now, I find out it shouldn't be. I have bloated save after I finished AA mod follower quest which double the save file, and get to 90M after coming back with Serena from soulcame. I can't get into pale area while in DG.

I have "no vampire attack on town" mod now. W/O that mod in very earlier play while new -still really on loot (gave me head ache bc/of redon arrange and auto arrange even on start-up) , don't know merge, I remember 'can't border-crossing on day/night/shift' or crash to desktop. Also don't speak to anyone coming from outside at night. Do those only at day time. Now, I don't have it.

On soulcame while AA on, the bushes are up about my waist, and after finish the quest-mark, save reload several time drop to normal. Also get access to the pale area too. My thought, pale area have border-crossing npc. Also "time-dimensional-cross" may be.

I fix Serena spinning( wait half hour in game on console and release to run of the built up scrips, and I got bomb by her spell and get kill. However, I manage to stabilize after 5 times with godmode on. I seem she encounter with enemies while come to me. This also apply she not quitting crouching bc she is too far from U - say game braking far far away.

On AA Borgakh quest, after finish the mark in Narzulbur, I got attack by more than 10 mob. Same as above.

I remember while "Immersive wenches", on Valtheim Tower, there was more than 30 mob and I can even get close to that area. However, I manage to kill all by move a bit and save method. I can't use kill all console or fail the quest. I kill with kill one by one with console and also I hole the shield by this "C5Kev-Tomes The Wonder Horse"- who hit me will die. Well, you can't be hero bc U only have sprit sec b4 the game crash to dasktop. On the second visit, the game is still very heavy, so I am curious to see what happen in there. I saw local occupants spawns non stop and kill the aliens. Third visit, save in that cell b4 crashing. On reload, hear a loud noise and the game is as light as starting point. It clear out all the build up threads.

I believe saving and reloading clearing the threads and also waiting in game on real-time either in console or not. I have bug fix , crash fix and other fixes that I saw across. Don't remembers all and where I installed. I use Mod Organizer 2. When saving, I think it carry a sudo for the coming load. If all the threads are clear close normal or will show a game-stop-respond. Some game-stop-respond warning I think are: mod changing, wrong area/cell/time record, or follower/npc with or without because of mod change. If the area have 2 or more quests, game confuse and same happen. Game save is not crash on that point. I want a clean close, so what I do is load that save and re-quit, or change area by exiting or teleport to other location to get a clean close. Than, reload that save, do what I did and save and test.

When loading a save, U may hear a noise meaning something change. If not it keep collecting/processing/normal data. Game-stop-respond have phases too I think. it will close very quick, or make u wait in many ways. Load&Save X-times as you think. It will quit normal sometime on the same cell. When closing I make sure the green-bar is close and don't quit Mod Organizer on waiting Icon.

When starting game, I must see a black small window on top-left-corner. If white-also say skyrim-stop, close and restart. Sometime also crash to dasktop. Fine, reload, problem solve. See closing green bar, have many phases too. I believe defragmentation. Game file size may either reduce or increase. I clear out 4M on one-event, 1/4 of the save on AA quest. The game is sequential and loading old save not fix. Will happen on some point. Thought, in game play is radon with fix-time. That cause the problem, "time-dimensional-cross" . These are just my opinion.

When you enter new zone and see mass animals get kill itself, be happy because non-important-npc are clear out on "time-dimensional-cross". Well, if not may get chance of non-killable-npc. I don't know, "npc per cell" or "sharing same body" talk? Could be many event/time pass?

When getting new follower, he/she will study your side/you/out. If finish will show step-out animation. When crossing bolder, if stop meaning "time-dimensional-cross". When doing follower-mod-quest, do as first/quick as possible. Use Fast travel. When finish dismiss. Reason, I don't want a lot of scrips which may damage follower overhaul mod. Than, go back to that follower pick-up location and rehire. Now, U can let register with overhaul mod. Pay attention when doing another. I would also say don't bring extra.

Skyrim Region have it own fixed-time. Eg. When introduce new thing, game crash to dasktop. If you walk, you drag your time to new. If run, force into that. Check you surrounding. If the scrip is very heavy, npc will either move very slow/fast. Hit limit, game crash.

Darkwatercross have heavy scrips too. Check point of 3 zones.

Companion have starting opening-adventuring-quests. Some of it, those actors are essential even real in game are not. Njada in darkwatercrossing killing Mammoth with Aela & Skjor is essential. If some how becoming non-killable-soul, I don't no. Ria will leave and run other way in Riften bacause she is following Vilkas, if scrip are left over. May be many more.

When follower texture gene crazy like shooting-star. Good sign. It merging body-fragments from various locations.

If hand texture is miss match, need armor patch for your mod-body which change Vanilla-body. Not sure about other condition.

I have more to says, but than I stop right here. And again, I am just a player and what-being-saying may be not true. I have over 11000 hrs of play-time in this game.