Moving Faces Between Saves (PC Only)

Citadel535

Hi all,

I just thought I would share a way I found to copy your face from one save to another. I got my orc to look just the way I want and can't recreate him despite writing down sliders and making pacts with evil daedra so I had to figure out another way to move my character's face from one save to another. I find that you do lose the hue and coloring data but I find that is easier to restore than the shape data which is preserved in this way.

To do this, you will need the following:

•  
  • PC Version of Skyrim
  • Creation Kit
  • Knowledge of modding with the creation kit
  • Knowledge of console commands in Skyrim

Steps:

2. Load up the save for the face you want to save to use in other games.
  3. Click ` and bring up the console.
  4. Select your player (this should show as an id of 14)
  5. Type spf <filename you want> and press enter. This can be any name you want, to keep it simple I use spf 14 so it makes a file called 14.npc in your Skyrim directory.
  6. Load up the creation kit and choose any one of the character presets that matches your original saves race and gender under actors. For example, I chose OrcMalePreset05.
  7. Open up the properties window for that charactor (Just double click the actor in the list)
  8. Click the tab Character Generator Parts (You may have to scroll all the way to the right in the tabs)
  9. Click import in the top right.
  10. Click the file named after what you typed in in step 4, for my example I chose the file 14.npc in the root Skyrim folder.
  11. Click Ok on the bottom left.
  12. Save the plugin as any name you want, for example Character Preset. Using my example, I now have a plugin called Character Preset.esp.
  13. Enable the plugin in a mod manager or the Skyrim launcher by checking the plugin you just created.
  14. Load up your new game or another save you want to reuse the face in.
  15. Bring up the console with ` and type showracemenu.
  16. Choose the old save's race and click through the presets until you see the character you replaced in the Creation Kit.

Customize to your liking and name your character and you are all set to go! Now you can reuse my character exactly as I created it.

Edited by Citadel535

Can I not do this manually without the creation kit by copy and paste around files in the Skyrim dir? Cause I can't start the CK!? It just freezes, eat 25% cpu power and 7GB of RAM and just sits there in the backround forever... :( Edited by Furrywolf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Awsome job, I found myself in the same situation I had made a great looking male Nord. But could not for the life of me duplicate the feat. This should go a long way to helping me out.

Just some clarifications that i think will make it a bit easier for people that have no clue about the CK or console to work out some steps in you instructions.

4.Type spf <filename you want> and press enter. This can be any name you want, to keep it simple I use spf 14 so it makes a file called 14.npc in your Skyrim directory.

- To clarify what was already said in Step 4. When you attempt to use this command do not include the < > in the command.

5.Load up the creation kit and choose any one of the character presets that matches your original saves race and gender under actors. For example, I chose OrcMalePreset05.

- Here you want to go to File / Data

- Then select skyrim.esm master file ( you will know when its selected due to a X being marked next to the file name.

-Press OK

(PLEASE NOTE: At this point a bunch of files will start loading which may take a few minutes. During this time you will get warnings/ error boxes come up just basicaly ok through them till its done)

6.Open up the properties window for that charactor (Just double click the actor in the list)

- Here you want to Navigate to the following place in the left hand side of the object window:

Actors/ Actor / Preset

- In the right hand side you should see a bunch of files named something like NordMalePreset002 etc. One of these is what you want to double click.

11.Save the plugin as any name you want, for example Character Preset. Using my example, I now have a plugin called Character Preset.esp.

- To do this click File/ Save

- A standard save as window will appear. This is there you save your plugin as whatever you want to call it. Just like step 11 says.

Then continue following the rest of the OP'ers steps.

I hope this post has been of some additional help to the readers of this topic. If you feel I have missed steps that need more detail or posted inccorect information by all means please correct me. All info I have posted is what I have collected from CK guides and my own poking and proding of the CK.

GOOD LUCK!!!

• 6 months later...
Worked very well with the Creation Kit thing :) First it didn't but it was due to human error so my bad ^^ Thanks for the help and Garathos for explaining it further! I wouldn't had understood jack otherwise :P

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...