New player looking for advice on patches/mods

Patchup94

I am new to NWN, in fact I just bought it when this site started.

I purchased the NWN complete. (Darn it, I bought it a week before the sale.)

My questions are:

1) Are there patches out there I should get to fix core game issues or does the "NWN Complete" have them all?

2) Are there popular mods out there which enhance the game? For example, a User Interface mod which enhances the menu system, like Skyrim's SkUI mod.

3) I have Hordes of Underdark, Shadow of Undertide, & Kingmaker. However, are there any modules out there which are very popular for a starting character?

I have noted some mods mentioned in other sites for later downloading. Saleron's Gambit, Aielund Sage, The Rose of Eternity, Shadowlands, & Dreamcatcher.

Thank you for any advice or assistance,

Patchup

Unfortunately there aren't a lot of files here on the Nexus as it is really new. the vast majority of modules and mods for both NWN and NWN2 are available on the Vault. As mods go, NWN is huge...there are so many modules released that are fairly high quality that is would be a very long list. That is also open to opinion, so I would suggest that you actually go browse through the Vault modules list to see what kind of modules you'd like.

As far as patching, both games are finished with their patching cycles to you won't see any more. NWN is final with 1.69 and NWN2 is final with 1.23 so if those are the version you have installed you are all set.

If you are ever interested in humor based modules, I just uploaded my Vertex I module to the Nexus. You can find the link in my sig.

For NWN, I would look up Adam Miller's modules as well as many of the Hall of Fame modules to get started.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat and ever since the awesome people did the awesome Oblivion Unofficial Fixes patch, I have always gone looking for community patches. You might want to check out the NWN Unofficial v1.70 patch here - http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Other.Detail&id=1513 -, which is still being updated here - http://social.bioware.com/project/3045/ .

Also, TonyK's Henchman and Battle AI is highly recommended. Lets you select a lot of realism changes upon install. I used the NWN2 version and loved it, so I just installed the NWN1 version from http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=hakpaks.detail&id=4510

Can't wait to see all the mods migrate here, NWVault has got to be the most PITA interface I've used since BBS days. Seriously :(

Edited by dainsgames

• 2 months later...

If you are looking for high quality graphics and a sizeable expansion to the game give Project Q a look.

We've just about completed v1.5 and will be releasing it within the next few days. The latest update includes a brand new interior tileset, more expansions for Castle Exterior Rural, new creatures, new placeables, and tons of other high quality content you won't find anywhere else.

Edited by Guest