Quest Glitch - Defend Oberland Station

CrashMasterJMM

I've got a slight issue here... it started off with the quest giving settler at Oberland station. I received the quest to help defend the station and had the quest marker over the settler that I was supposed to talk to. Prior to the quest coming up, every time I passed her, without pressing the interaction button, I would constantly ask her to trade with me. Didn't happen with the other settler. Just her. So.... when the quest finally did come up while I was AT Oberland, I would go to her and talk. BUT the only dialogue I had with her rather than furthering the quest was simply "I'd like to trade some items." Soon enough super mutants came along and I killed them all, but STILL nothing from that settler.

SO I reloaded from a prior save, disabled the settler, spawned a new one in her place, and kept building on the station until the quest came up. THIS time, after the mutants were killed, the quest marker came over the spot where I disabled the original settler. So I dug for the refID, re-enabled her, but still... the same glitch. So, I console "killed" her and the quest proceeded by telling me to talk to Preston. So I go see him, but to no avail. the quest marker is now on him... now HE has no dialogue about the mission. Any ideas, peoples?

BTW... I already tried searching the net for the quest stages for "Defend Oberland Station." Nothing has been posted for that quest.

Edited by CrashMasterJMM