Heavy Traffic ×

NMM Won't Install Mods on External SSD

Aceham

Hey, everyone.

I'm fairly experienced with modding, but I have kind of a conundrum. I've been trying to mod NV on an external SSD for the first time with no luck.

When I install a mod with NMM nothing happens!

The esp is checked, I have the green check mark, it says it's installed, but nothing.

I know you're thinking that I have the directory set to the wrong place, but it's not. I've quintuple checked. I've been trying to get Toasty Fresh's Colt N99 10mm Pistol replacer to work as a test, but all I've been getting is that wonderful giant exclamation point.

That means NMM knows where NV is and is removing NV's default 10mm pistol, but isn't replacing it with Toasty Fresh's Colt.

Even more confounding is that all of Toasty Fresh's file folders appear in the data folder for NV, but they are all absolutely empty. The corresponding folders in NMM's virtual install folder, on the other hand, are flush with all of the assets necessary to make the mod work.

The mod install worked when I uninstalled NV from my external drive and reinstalled it onto my C: drive and I've gotten the mod to work on the external SSD via a manual install.

I've tried with NMM on the SSD and with NMM on C:. Neither worked.

NMM just refuses to install mods on my external SSD!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This sounds like a problem with NMM instead of FNV itself. Best taken to the "Open Beta" forum.

However, if you are on Win10, and have recently received the "Fall Creators Update" (FCU), the issue might be resolved by installing the very latest version of NMM (v0.63.14) available from the button on the top of the redesigned Nexus Mods site.

-Dubious-

This sounds like a problem with NMM instead of FNV itself. Best taken to the "Open Beta" forum.

However, if you are on Win10, and have recently received the "Fall Creators Update" (FCU), the issue might be resolved by installing the very latest version of NMM (v0.63.14) available from the button on the top of the redesigned Nexus Mods site.

-Dubious-

Thanks for the reply.

I forgot to mention that I am, in fact, using v0.63.14. I even went back and downloaded v0.61.4 to see if it would behave any differently, but it was the same.

Thanks for the advice, I'll post in the open beta forum.

-Dubious-

FOMM is working just fine, so I'll use that for now.