A few question about SKSE for SE and what to use without it.

Optive

I left Skyrim to wait for SKSE at SE release, but now i´m itching to get into it.

I have a few questions though...and hope to be able to compile them all in a small list.

1: What Immersion / RP mods will NOT work without SKSE for Skyrim SE?

To Clarify: I am not an advanced modder. I have had successful gameplay with 250+ mods and hours and hours of gametime with no issues, and as we speak am playing FO4 semi heavy modded with no issues. However, when a mod starts to acquire skills in tons of fiddling around and altering files and / or make use of third party software, that´s where i back away. So, i am not overly fond or interested in a mod if it requires me to constantly be on top of it with updating and rollbacks every other day to keep using it.

RP and Immersion mods that is a must to use, and does not have the need for you to be an employee at NASA will be enough thank you.

2: Will stable SKSE arrival mean start over?

To Clarify: When a stable SKSE arrives, will one need to start over to be clear of messy issues or probable crashes etc, or can you continue playing with what you got, add SKSE and then add perhaps a mod you really wanted but that NEEDS SKSE to begin with?

3: Mod Organizer now instead of Manager. Anything special to consider?

To Clarify: I used to use Manager, but use Organizer now and find it miles and miles better ( in my own opinion ). Will there be any difference between Organizer or Manager for SKSE in performance or mod availability?

4: Old mod with SKSE needs - New version without?

To Clarify: Are there any new version or similar mods that work without SKSE, but does what the old ones did as well? I remember something with Wet and Cold i think where NPC´s did not get dressed in snowstorms etc because of the lack of SKSE when using it. For my coming playthrough, i would love to have that function working.

That´s my little list and hope there is a chance to compile some answers for it in one place.

Wishing you all a Merry Yule and a Happy New Year.

Best regards

Optive

1. There are tons of moders outside, but i think the most of them wait for a stabil SKSE 64 release to come over to the SE so alot mods will not be able to use you have to check each one on theyr own.

2. You could stay with the older version of SKSE 64 (the one wich is online now) or the future one and get ur mods updated or maybe you have to wait for them to become a update.

3. ModOrganizer 2 is the worst, i use ModOrganizer for Original Skyrim like forever its alot AAAAAAALOOOOOOOTTTTT better then Nexus Mod Mananger but the Version Nr. 2 isnt fromt the maker of Version 1 at all, because hes working with the Mod Mananger creator for the new Mananger calld Vortex so if you want mod on SE you should use the cra... i mean wonderfull NMM insteed of the even more ... wonderfull ModOrganizer 2

4. SKSE (Skyrim Skript Extender) read Nexus

1. There are tons of moders outside, but i think the most of them wait for a stabil SKSE 64 release to come over to the SE so a lot mods will not be able to use you have to check each one on theyr own.

2. You could stay with the older version of SKSE 64 (the one wich is online now) or the future one and get ur mods updated or maybe you have to wait for them to become a update.

3. ModOrganizer 2 is the worst, i use ModOrganizer for Original Skyrim like forever its a lot AAAAAAALOOOOOOOTTTTT better then Nexus Mod Mananger but the Version Nr. 2 isnt fromt the maker of Version 1 at all, because hes working with the Mod Mananger creator for the new Mananger calld Vortex so if you want mod on SE you should use the cra... i mean wonderfull NMM insteed of the even more ... wonderfull ModOrganizer 2

4. SKSE (Skyrim Skript Extender) read Nexus

Thank you for the great info =)

I use MO2 for Fallout 4, but perhaps i´m just in luck ( knock on wood or what it´s called ) but i will surley check alternatives for the future modding projects. Appreciated bud =)

I left Skyrim to wait for SKSE at SE release, but now i´m itching to get into it.

I have a few questions though...and hope to be able to compile them all in a small list.

To Clarify: I am not an advanced modder. I have had successful gameplay with 250+ mods and hours and hours of gametime with no issues, and as we speak am playing FO4 semi heavy modded with no issues. However, when a mod starts to acquire skills in tons of fiddling around and altering files and / or make use of third party software, that´s where i back away. So, i am not overly fond or interested in a mod if it requires me to constantly be on top of it with updating and rollbacks every other day to keep using it.

RP and Immersion mods that is a must to use, and does not have the need for you to be an employee at NASA will be enough thank you.

To Clarify: When a stable SKSE arrives, will one need to start over to be clear of messy issues or probable crashes etc, or can you continue playing with what you got, add SKSE and then add perhaps a mod you really wanted but that NEEDS SKSE to begin with?

To Clarify: I used to use Manager, but use Organizer now and find it miles and miles better ( in my own opinion ). Will there be any difference between Organizer or Manager for SKSE in performance or mod availability?

To Clarify: Are there any new version or similar mods that work without SKSE, but does what the old ones did as well? I remember something with Wet and Cold i think where NPC´s did not get dressed in snowstorms etc because of the lack of SKSE when using it. For my coming playthrough, i would love to have that function working.

That´s my little list and hope there is a chance to compile some answers for it in one place.

Best regards

Optive

For a difference of opinion:

SKSE64 is still in Alpha, but it works perfectly fine. The are a lot of mods that have been made to work without SKSE64 , you'll just have to read the Mod description to find out what is required, also quite a few mods are being made and ported to work with SKSE64 already (SkyUI). You can't use older versions of SKSE, the program depends on the latest version of the game, so if the game updates, SKSE will need to be updated. There are different versions of Script Extender for each game and they are not on the Nexus and don't use the Steam one. Just Google "Your Game" Script Extender.

Mod Organizer 2.1 was released on Christmas and works GREAT! A team of developers picked up where Tannin left off and worked most of the bugs out. It works with both 32 and 64 bit games, Oblivion, FO3, FONV, FO4, Skyrim LE, and SSE. It is by far NOT the worst!. NMM has been abandoned and Vortex is nowhere to be seen. Read the MO2 page for more info. They also have a Discord for testers.

The performance of SKSE had nothing to do with which Manager you use

Best regards

Optive

For a difference of opinion:

SKSE64 is still in Alpha, but it works perfectly fine. The are a lot of mods that have been made to work without SKSE64 , you'll just have to read the Mod description to find out what is required, also quite a few mods are being made and ported to work with SKSE64 already (SkyUI). You can't use older versions of SKSE, the program depends on the latest version of the game, so if the game updates, SKSE will need to be updated. There are different versions of Script Extender for each game and they are not on the Nexus and don't use the Steam one. Just Google "Your Game" Script Extender.

Mod Organizer 2.1 was released on Christmas and works GREAT! A team of developers picked up where Tannin left off and worked most of the bugs out. It works with both 32 and 64 bit games, Oblivion, FO3, FONV, FO4, Skyrim LE, and SSE. It is by far NOT the worst!. NMM has been abandoned and Vortex is nowhere to be seen. Read the MO2 page for more info. They also have a Discord for testers.

The performance of SKSE had nothing to do with which Manager you use

Ah thank you.

I´l be installing Skyrim SE later tonight and start small and easy to get it modded again. I´l just make a good enough list of mods to get going and not cram everything in for this run =)