pra

I just came along this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15528

And the first thing I thought of was that basement in Bunker Hill. I know that it's very much quest-relevant, but, after all is said and done and you gain access to the Bunker Hill workshop, I think building down there should do no harm. Or maybe the original entrance trap door could be disabled after the quest is finished, and replaced with a new one, which leads into a new cell.

And there are more interiors like that.

Croup Manor has the flooded basement.

The Castle has these underground tunnels.

It's a stretch, but Red Rocket has this cave below it. A trap door from the Red Rocket building could be added which leads right into the cave.

And yes, I know there is Basement Living. It's an awesome mod, but I'd still like to recycle these existing cells, in addition to have the new ones.

• 3 weeks later...

I started doing that myself now.

Red Rocket, Sanctuary and Croup Manor are done now. I will do The Castle and Bunker Hill tomorrow.

Maybe someone can tell me more about scrapping of static items? It seems that most objects in the mentioned cells are unscrappable, unless I rightclick them once.

just a suggestion as I did some experiments with this idea but didn't ever follow up with it. I hid my workbench off the playable area. It was linked to the settlement and I could still use it. for your scrapping issues I think you'll need to break pre-combineds and or, add objects to a scrap leveled list. I am not 100% sure on that one I would have to look at what can't be scrapped to be sure.

Hope that helps a little.

No, they aren't SCOLs. Just statics. And whenever I add a recipe or not, it just isn't selectable. Not even with Place Everywhere extra selection mode.

Just "touching" them in the editor seems to fix it.

Just "touching" them in the editor seems to fix it.

That's because touching them breaks Pre-Combind Meshes for the cell. I wasn't referring to SCOL's which are different then Per-Combineds.

Edit: It's important to note that Pre-Combineds automatically seem to get the WorkshopStackable keyword applied so you may have some issues to sort out once Pre-Combineds are broken. You may have to replace some objects with custom ones that have the keyword applied.

I use Chesko's Conquest mod, Portable Workshop(when I don't want a settlement), and Scrap Everything to scrap just about everything. I have never had a problem except for some cells resetting on me. I even use Sim Settlements in mod settlements and it works for the most part. I have about 6 mod settlements in addition to the vanilla and all but one have worked fine. One of those settlements is in Vault 95 with around 20 settlers. I literally build anywhere I want and can scrap almost anything. The only thing I do not do is set up supply lines to the mod settlements. I just don't think it would work well. Another thing I think I discovered is when using the Place Everywhere mod is that when I placed something clipping through a cell wall- after I leave the cell it does not load again for me. So some caution both scrapping and placing things in the world and especially in interiors is advisable I think- save often to have something to fall back on if something doesn't work. Also note that when building a settlement in an interior the best way to get settlers is to set up the recruitment beacon, leave or sleep for awhile and they should appear normally. Sending settlers from other settlements does not work for interior settlements- they seem to get lost.

With Chucksteel's Beantown interiors, you could have even more options maybe- I haven't found all that he has done yet.