Nuka World Raiders and The Minutemen

Haukaido

I'll keep this short :

• I am roleplaying as an evil Vault Tec scientist/Nuka World Overboss
  • I have recently unlocked the Castle settlement all by myself
  • The minutemen are still stuck in Concord
  • And I haven't visited Nuka world yet.

My questions are :

• Can I give the Castle to Nuka World Raider as long as Ronnie Shaw isn't there yet?
  • If that can't work , I'm sure I can use FCOM to spawn synth settlers but , can I assign a non minuteman npc to the Radio transmitter? I really want to activate that radio to pretend it's being run by RedEye (the invisible Nuka world DJ)

Also ,

I really dislike Preston, I want him to hate my guts forever , to do so I'm planning on helping the minutemen a little , become their general THEN betray them to both make preston hate me and to prevent him from triggering the open season quest,

So , if I help the minutemen to the point where I'm a general and then betray them , will NPCs still see me as the all good deity of the wasteland? because that'll clash with my roleplay.

Edited by MrPandaz

Far as I remember, only Preston and Ronnie hate your guts for turning Raider boss. You expect too much reactivity from a Beth game. People will still treat you the same.

I don't know about the castle.

true , but I'd rather be a nobody than to be called a General.

Last time I played as a raider I entirely avoided the minutemen , it was nice because none of the npcs ever mentioned them.

But this time I really have to free preston from concord because

1 : I need that Radio

2 : I can't get the Grognak magazine from vault 81 if I don't have the deathclaw encounter in Concord

3 : I can't get the final bobble head from the museum

Edited by MrPandaz

you can get the magazine and head in concord, just walk in, ignore preston walk out again, done

the dead claw is another story you have to help preston

the radio, its mm only, you can't put some 1 else behind it

Thanks , I guess my roleplay expectations were a bit too high.

it seems like I'll have to play the pretend game again , help the minutemen , get the castle and then assassinate them all but the radio dude.

I'm not shitting on the dlc it is one of my favorite from the entire franchise but Bethesda did miss out on a golden opportunity.

Kudos for you for clearing things out

I'm surprised you are surprised over this. Beth games have always been unreactive to what the player did. There are mods that take care of the worst, such as your own settlers calling you names. They also removed that karma system with FO4, so there's no way the game recognizes if you're a badass or a saint.

I'm surprised you are surprised over this. Beth games have always been unreactive to what the player did. There are mods that take care of the worst, such as your own settlers calling you names. They also removed that karma system with FO4, so there's no way the game recognizes if you're a badass or a saint.

Been replaying NV for the past few weeks and thought, hey , this could work in Fo4 , I wonder if that's true.

But yea, been using mods on Fo4 to give more life to NPCs , 4 mods I really appreciate and Can't imagine playing Fo4 without are :

Tales From The commonwealth

Old World Radio

Immersive generic dialogues

And Diamond City Plus

mainly because they add more life to the game , I almost forgot how the vanilla game feels like.

Mods aside , This is also one of the reasons why I love the nuka world DLC , it just improves the vanilla roleplay imo. (but it still needs few improvements , hence this topic)

---EDIT----

It seems like the immersive generic dialogue will already make npcs express how much they dislike me if I'm treating them badly so that's a great start.

Edited by MrPandaz

This is also one of the reasons why I love the nuka world DLC , it just improves the vanilla roleplay imo. (but it still needs few improvements , hence this topic)

The nuka world DLC should have offered a total conversion if you wanted to side with the raiders. That would have made more sense.